Saturday, July 31, 2010

Food that lasts!

This Cross has a military theme with the Camo behind it. It was taken down in KAF. Camo is used for shade and is readily available for the mento use.

John 6:27 - 29, Don't work for the food that perishes but for the food that lasts for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you, because on Him God the Father has set His seal of approval.
What can we do to perform the works of God? they asked.
Jesus replied, "This is the work of God: that you believe in the One He has sent."
I read this this morning and it reminded me of the work I did for so many years, work for the purpose of my status and authority. Work that was for the purpose of having money to spend on toys and luxiories and things that didn't add up to much at all. That work became empty and mundane, the rewards became fewer even though the money each year got better. I began, to use the qleuche, live to work and work to live.
Looking back but reflecting on what I know now this is how sin works in our lives. We start off and it has some sort of rewrd or gradification. It is fullfilling an internal desire that is not of the Lord. For me, it was pride. I was the boss. I was making money. I was successfull. All this from this work that I did everyday. Like sin however, it didn't fullfill the need for long, it only produced a greater need for it. My work over the long run only served to perpetuate my fall. Satan uses this world and the things within it to very craftily draw us away from the Lord.
We all need to work so that we may live in the society in which God has chosen to place us in. But what should become the driving factor of what we do is the "Heart Condition" in which we do our work. My heart condition before was away from the Lord, my work was for me. Now my work, how I make a living, is secondary to me. My joy now cames from the opportunity that my work provides me to wittness for the Lord. My work puts me where I can be most used by Him to be a light to a dark place.
The Lord is telling us that our primary purpose is to beileve in the One He sent. Believe who He is, and what He has done for us. Beileve that He has sent us to our work places and neighborhoods to be a light. Believe that He has given us the resources that we have to use properly for Him. Believe that nothing is by our own hands that will not perish that only by His hands will it last eternally.
Is the position of the job eternal, or the lives that can be lifted up by us who are in it? Is the money eternal, or the charity that can be better resourced from it? Is the house eternal, or the love that can be produced in it? Is the church eternal, or the salvation that is produced from it? When we work, work for the etrnal food that will not perish. Do your job, but work for Him. Set your heart on Him and what He gives you. Let your work be in faith and from faith in Him, the One He sent, and make it food that last eternally.

2 comments: