Friday, July 2, 2010

Musa and his song.

Yesterday morning Musa (Moses) began to sing a song in his native language after the morning safety meeting. All of the men stood around because they wee waiting to post their time in the computer. It was a very catchy tune and he was using some hand gestures as he sang with a big smile on his face. After a few times through I began to whistle along with him. Anybody that know me knows that I can not sing (well). After a few verses John told me that he is singing that anybody who knows God will not know defeat.

Robert came and began to speak about my whistling, that I knew the tune correctly as God was placing it in my heart. Along side of us was another man from India. He has always looked quiet lonely as nobody really talks to him. He stood by us and listened to us speak of the Holy Spirit and the word of God. After a few minutes, quiet softly, John reached out and took the mans hand and asked if he new Jesus. He said this with the most tender smile. The Indian man said no that he was Hindu but did not practice. you could see however that he was softened by the interaction. He then went to report his time.

After I took a moment to explain more to him about the counselor, the Holy Spirit and how he guides us and helps us with the word of God. I explained that Jesus promised to send on to guide us, to teach us and to point us to Him. I told him that is why we all enjoyed the song that Musa sang, because the Spirit allowed us to.

I was amazed at three things. First that Musa's song was listened to intently by most of the men and that the one that it was truly meant for it touched the most. Secondly that John, with such love and child like innocence reached and took this mans hand and asked him if he knew Jeseus. Something I had never seen before. Lastly that this man was being touched and moved by the Holy Spirit and I could see it. What a blessing.

We continue to speak with the man and make him feel welcomed. We are showing him Christ.

In this place all people are lonely. I do not believe that it matters at all who you are. Your family is elsewhere and you are not with them. For some it is worse as the are ethnically different than those around them. To a curtain extent you see the worldly difference in classes. Some have tents, some have their own room with Internet and tv.

In a place so dark the light becomes more clearly seen.

6 comments:

  1. Out of the comfort zone, into the HS zone, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, Mike. I think there is real truth to the fact that all are lonely there - and, really, all are lonely where ever they are if they know not God...

    There is an old gospel hymn that comes to mind: "No, never alone; no, never alone. He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone..."

    God bless!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike

    You are sure meeting some very interesting people there. Are they all English speaking possibly with the exception of the truck drivers? Keep dodging those rockets. They haven't had many recently until you showed up I am told..

    Pop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strange, lately I've explained to some how I am Alone most of the time, Happier than Ever and hardly ever feel lonely. But, when I had a crew of 30 & never ending engagements, I was enjoying myself Most, Never alone & most lonely.

    As for those mortars & rockets, the past three months have seen more incidents at Kandahar, than in recent year. 3 to 5+ a week. Some of these are on main stream news, but for the most part, I RSS feed a few BBC, AP & other sources, which feed straight.

    Now, what worries Me is Revelations 8 & how easy it is to put the Gulf of Mexico into its Symbolism. "... 1/3 of the sea creatures die...", "...Sea turns to blood (orange maybe)" So, gather your self close, Blessings Jeffrey xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pop, yes most everybody speaks English. For most they are taught it through all of their school years. Others know enough to have a basic conversations with you. I have met a couple of the Afghans that do know some English. You just can't tell who will and who will not. It makes it very interesting when you are all trying to get trucks loaded and strapped down properly.

    Jeff, I love Revelation as I know that I will be ok in the end when all the stuff hits the fan. I am concerned for those who aren't however.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They say, it may Rain on us, the 'oil', but I don't believe fans are gonna be used. I have developed a liking for the local Grouper and for The Dedicated Beach associated with My Home. I worry with a sad face, both these Delicious & Beautiful things, may get ruined.

    Sometimes I say, 'oh, I excuse me for Mistaking you, for someone your not.' As if, I Believe, I Know Everything. I'm such an idiot some times.

    Do you know on Blogger here, 'widgets', like the local weather, can be added to the 'blog' page. I'd be neat to see at top here, your local weather. Or a Randomized Quote maybe,;-))

    Blessings Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete