Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Man lands on Moon, pictures to prove it!













Yes it is true, man has landed on the moon. Here is the first grainy pictures back from the desolete orb. As you will see, they have eaten well and has modern equipment to get them through their day.


Here is my crew of trusty Afghan-nuts setting up the shade tent. Bush (the African American man) is on the right, he is a great addition for me. He is a faithful man and also quite funny. He likes to imatate old TV characters and stuff. Keeps us all laughing. In the picture of all of us you can see to the far side of the lot that I am preparing. Bumpy huh?

James is the one in the black shirt. He is the Heavy Equipment Operator that I am using as there is not any heavey equipment for him to operate. He took the pictures for us.

Greg is the guy with the thing on his head. I can't remember what it is called, but it helps keep the sun off your head. It is the latest fashion craze here in Afghanistan. They say that everybody will be wearing one this year. Greg is by title a transportation Manager also but he is now a Regional MCT that has been assigned here for this transition project. He has been doing this stuff for nine years.


In this candid photo (you can tell because I did not suck my stomach in)I am beginng to lay out the perimeter of the new fifteen acres Materials Yard. You can not tell by the picture but it is one big, flat, box of hard dirt. All I have is a measuring wheel and a bluprint.

It was so hot yesterday that we could not hold onto the tent posts for more than a few seconds or you would burn your hands. It makes for longer work setting up a shade tent when the sun isn't cooperating!

Please enjoy the photios and sorry that they are not in a nice order, I couldn't figure that part out. Catherine is sending me a camera so I will be able to take more and add more photos for you all.

Know that you are all loved and missed dearly. Knowing that you are here reading this is a tremendous help for me to get through each day.

Many blessing to you all, from the moon.






















4 comments:

  1. What makes a great blogger as far as I am concerned is a good sense of humor especially about himself.

    You got it, Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pics, Mike. Yes, one big flat dirtbox baking in the sun....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sort of Like Being Dropped on The Moon.

    Mike, I Wrote a blog post at::> http://jabro-things.blogspot.com/2010/07/design-widget.html

    I See you figured to upload photos here & Thought Maybe You Might Want to Display a WIDGET... Well, I explain at that link/post...

    You never said if your tent/sleeper-cube has A/C

    Big Cheers & Keep Your Leather Neck Handy, Jeffey

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, the last Photo, 'it', is Not a Uni-cycle,;-))

    ReplyDelete