Sunday, July 4, 2010

Leatherneck

I will be moving in the very near future to FOB Leatherneck and wanted to write a quick note in case I can not write for a few days afterwards.

Leatherneck is a Forward Operating Base (FOB) located to the Northeast of Kandahar. It is another fairly large base but with less people. The operation for me there will be the same however it will become a hub for equipment into the area. I am tasked with helping to organize the operation and get it ready to increase.

I am told that once you leave Kandahar you immediately notice the terrain become dryer and less green. I know, it took me a minute to imagine also as there is not much green here. Here we are in sort of a river valley and there are some farmers throughout that grow various crops including poppy. Once you move out of the valley water becomes less, terrain dry, and therefore less green.

I will be leaving this Oasis in the desert and beginning again in a new location. I will, believe it or not be leaving the group of Christians here who I have had great fellowship with over the past week. I guess it is just another footstep in my journey. I look forward to finding new friends and forming new relationships In His Name.

The Lord will provide in all things and in all ways.

Also please pray for our Brother Robert. He has a vision to begin his own Ministry when he returns to Nirobi for orphan children to school them and keep them safe from the streets. His money from his work here will help him buy the land he needs.

3 comments:

  1. Let us know when you are about to leave, if you can, so we can have special prayer.

    He provides streams in the desert, brother, streams in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Skype is out of whack. I know you are on the way via AF plane today. Check in when you get there. Be safe and send updates until I get Skype back up

    Pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skype back up, at least for now. Cat said you arrived safely.

    Pop

    ReplyDelete