Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Not my travel plans but Gods.

I have been trying to catch a flight from Leatherneck to KAF since yesterday and as of yet have had no luck. Either the plane was full or I had too much stuff. Today I will try again starting at o700 and hope for the best.

So yesterday I packed up my stuff, a foot locker and a large duffle bag and moved out of my new CHU. I had been there three days and it was marvelous to say the least. I had actually had to get up the first night and shut the AC off because I was so cold. Could have only been 80 degrees but non the less I was freezing. I headed down to the main office to catch the bus to Bastion Air Bases and opps, the flight was cancelled. So I spent the day working and tried the flight again at 1800, with no luck.

This was ok though as God had given me another opportunity to wittness to another man that I had been working with. He is a Buddihist and I was able to give him a copy of A Case for Christ. I asked him to keep in touch and let me know if he had any questions. Apperently he has had a very troubled life and his heart is very hard against the Lord.

Revealed yesterday is that God truly has a plan for everything and we are to move forth and sow and reap in His name. As I ask Him to use me in this, and I remain faithful to this, more and more opportunities are afforded me. I must in all things, as difficult as it is here and as many times as I have wanted to quit or react to a situation poorly, must continue to glorify Him. That is Gods will for me, and for all of you.

Please Pray for James and that theHoly Spirit may work within his heart.

2 comments:

  1. "Always desire to do the will of another rather than thine own." One of the four foundational principles set forth in The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis.

    Christ is the supreme example, of course, who submitted himself wholly to the will of the Father, realizing that Pontius Pilate and the Jews could do nothing except as the Father permitted.

    And so as followers of Christ we strive to understand that "all things work together" and that nothing - nothing - nothing - comes our way except first it passes through His loving hands.

    Even changes in travel plans.

    Blessings, brother.

    I covet your prayers - that I might live up to the words I write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,

    Thank you for your words. I see more and more each day how God works things together for good. Your words, His loving hands, are so perfect as that is what they are. We may not see it at first as we place our expectations in the way but He truly loves us.

    I pray often that I may only glorify Him in the things that I do, in the words that I say and in my Faith in Him.

    ReplyDelete