Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Step Forward.

We Americans are always worried about our personal space. We charish it sometimes, most times if I can be blunt. We partition ourselves off from each other in our own comfort zones hoping nobody steps into it. You see men who can not hug other men because, hey, that's too close for me buddy. Others who just want their space.

I had a boss once who liked to talk really close to me. I mean a few inches away from my face. I learned that if I stepped back, he stepped closer. Me being me, I then figured out that if I leaned in he would then back off. This was hard because I really had to allow space to become in short supply if you know what I mean. Looked as if we were going to kiss.

Here, space is at a premium. I have my space now, the 5 x 7 room, but there is a bunk bed. There is a possibility that my space can readily become our space if they descided to put someone with me. The idea of small community becomes a real reality!

In James 4:8, it says, "Come near to God , and He will come near to you". This is so opposite from what we do in our personal lives in some ways, in public. It does happen in our personal lives but for most of us I bet only so deep. Even with our spouses there are probably things that just are not said, places they are not allowed to go. But here God is telling us to come near to Him, and then he will come near to us. If we move into his space, He will move into ours.

I believe there still is the comfort zone that we must move past even with God. We, on the outside, will show that we are near Him, but how close do we get on the inside? How near will we let Him come to us before we say "hey, thats too close".

I challenge you to come closer to God. To not stop moving in. When you become uncomfortable, know that you have just begun the journey. Also know that as you move past your comfort zone that He is coming closer to you.

Step forward.

2 comments:

  1. Space, The Final Frontier (STAR TREK)

    For space, I Used to build Tree Houses & Forts.

    Can Ya 'Stake A Claim' on a Spot'a Sand, AND
    Make A Bunker for Retreat & Sanctuary,..??

    "I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
    It felt good to be out of the rain
    In the desert you can remember your name
    'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
    La, la ..."

    --> see video at -->
    http://jabro-videos.blogspot.com/2010/07/horse-with-no-name.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. If My Efforts to Attend & Contribute, are wasted here, let me know. My giving, as always, can be let other areas. did ya see this video? Thought of it as i was reading your entry. If my go ignored, then i can surely understand, as usual.

    Keep Your leatherneck Ready,;-))j.xx.

    ReplyDelete