Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Chain Cross, this was taken this morning from the flight line. I explained to one of the workers that I take pictures of Crosses and then he began to look for them. Simple acts!

I have doing pretty well thelast couple of days as I begin to settle in here. I still have this continual ache in my stomach but I have learned that that, along with a clear head keeps me in the right place for Him to work. If the ache goes away then I am too comfortable and slip back a little. If my mind gets tired then I allow Satan to work on me too much. Sitting on the fence seems to be best.

The weather here is really nice, when the wind is not blowing at 50 mph. It is relatively cool, for Afghanistan, and only relly is uncofortable in peek hours of the day. The night are in the upper 70's so it is good for sleeping. As I mentioned the wind, it will pick up as the temperature rises and then gust into the evening. Yesterday was so bad that it moved the satelight dish so the internet was down.

There are mountains all around us in the distance so it is a very pretty view. It reminds me of the Adirondacks however there are no trees on them. The wind keeps the view clear so most of the day you can see them over the walls.

At night the camp is dark, I mean really dark! No lights. So when you walk outside, you have to do this to use the rest room, the stars are marvelous. There are no clouds so the moon is always so bright and that becomes the light to guide you. It is cool but in a but in a way kinda spooky.

Robert is here with me. He is the Kenyan Brother who the Lord provide in KAF when I was ready to give up. We have been meeting every evening for prayer and encouragement. He has this tremendous way of praying and it is marvelous to listen to. The Lord has annoited him with prayer. Last night we went to Bible study at the Chapel and spent an hour with several service men and woman and Chaplain Johnson who is from Rochester New York. It was very good and the first small group I have attended in 6 or 7 weeks.

We were studing Collosians 2 and Paul speaks about being with them even though he is in prison. This is the bond of the Saints, of the Body of Christ. We are bound together through Him, Christ Jesus. We are bonded by the Holy Spirit. Our fellowship and gathering, our common suffering as Christians. Our sharin or tears and joys and the saving Faith in Jesus Christ are what make us one. We are like the links in the Chain Cross above, individuals linked together by the Spirit, making us stronger, one dependant on the other.

At he end of the study I had a chance to speak with the Chaplain. I told him about Robert being my rock here that the Lord has now provided twice when I need him most. He then asked if Robert would pray for him and we all three stood with our hands on each shoulder and prayed. It was a nice experience and very powerful.

Tonight Robert and I, along with two other Kenyan men will have prayer and fellowship. Robert sees it as Church planting which in a sense it is. Where two or three are gathered, He is there. He started this at KAF and the prayer and fellowship in the Happy Bus still continues today. As a matter of fact, Kishan, the Indian man who John so intimately asked if he knew Jesus after Musa's song, has accepted Christ a Savior. Praise God. He now reads his Bible everyday and prays with the men in the mornings. Prayer Team and all who prayed for him rejoice with the Angels in Heavan.

I don't want to call this home, because that is truly where the heart is, but I am hoping to settle down here for now. I look forward now to the bonds I can form with this Church and the others here who are my Brothers and Sisters. Evrything serves His purpose.

Strengthen all of your bonds today.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Inspires me for our small group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a flashlight!! How do the guard patrols see what is going on around there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all for the posts.

    Pop, I don't use a flashlight. You just get used to walking around in the dark. As far as the guards, we have what they call the eye in the sky. Hudge tower with a camera that does everything. It watches over us, I guess! Most stuff that happens here happen out on the hiway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally on your blog, Michael and amazed at what God is doing in your new corner of the world. It is mind-blowing to think of how God exists everywhere and you are experiencing that firsthand through your new connections with believers from areas of the world so different and removed from our own.

    Back here in Wynantskill, New York, Daniel and I hosted a lovely family for a day of swimming, food, ice cream, water floats and fabulous fellowship . . . it is no coincidence I am writing you tonight because you guessed it . . . today we hosted your wonderful family for a visit! Katherine and I had a great visit and the kiddos had a blast!

    We are praying for you and will continue to follow this inspiring blog. Blessings to you Michael, Kathleen for all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen,

    Thank you for having our family over yesterday, Catherine said it was very nice. It is also good that the boys are such good friends and can still get together over the summer.

    God is good, and continually reminds me of His glory and provision. I think when I am home I get muddled down with all the other noise and miss many of the blessings He provides.

    ReplyDelete