Saturday, July 24, 2010

Don't get in His way.


This Cross is for real. I found this one after exiting the C130 from Leatherneck while in the holding pen.
What does it mean to us to follow Gods will? What are our expectations when we do? Do we have expectations for the outcome or do we walk freely into the darkness as a light?
I used to pray for Gods will in my life thinking that it would be this marvelous experience that would fullfill all of my wildest dreams. For I thought that Gods will would make me happy, lift all of my burdons. Didn't God want that for me? Isn't that the reason why I come to Him, so that I don't have to worry about anything.
I sometimes hear others pray, as I used to, that God lift burdons or cure somebody who is sick. Isn't this asking against Gods will? Doesn't this put our feelings into our prayers in order to change Gods will?
To me, we only need to ask Gods will and then to move in the direction He sends us. We are to only ask His will and then accept the outcome, continued sickness or burdons. We are to ask Gods will and then not put limits on what He may want from us. Can we do this? Are we willing to do this?
Don't put limits on His will. Don't put limits on yourself after you ask His will in your life. If you predetermine the outcome then stop and think, is His will being done?
It is Gods will that we Glorify Him in all that we do. This, if we are obediant, has nothing to do with us. If we are obediant there is no promise in this life that anything will change for us. If we are obediant the outcome should only be that somebody sees how Holy our God is, that they only see Him through us. Is that not the Light in darkness that Christ asks us to be, a lamp unto the world. Again this has nothing to do with me, only Him.
We must only think that the benefit of our life is for Him, if we think any further than we are outside of His will. Glorify Him and keep yourself from getting in His way.

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts, brother. God is sooo much more interested in our holiness than our happiness! As we learn to surrender, as we accept our cross,as we sincerely pray "not my will, Lord, but Thy will be done," He may lead us in paths that others simply do not understand.

    Of course, to pray for others or ourselves and to pray that God will provide, help, heal, change circumstances is certainly not always wrong or out of the will of God... God uses our prayers to bring about His will.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete