Saturday, July 10, 2010

Entertaining Angels.

I read Hebrews 13 as part of my reading last night. I believe verse 6, my memory stinks, speaks of something like this. That we should entertain everyone because we never know when we may be in the presence of Angels. (Anybody can post it if they want to). I began to think about this. That if we don't know when we are entertaining Angels then we may at times also not be entertaining them. That we may in fact be disappointing them.

How about this with our Lord? How many times did I have an opportunity to shine and to make Him smile? How many times did I do the right thing when nobody was looking and give the Lord goosebumps of joy? How many times didn't I? The Bible tells me that He will never leave or forsake us, but don't I tend to only quote that when I need His security? Maybe I should know that He never leaves or forsakes me and concentrate on the first part a little more, that He never leaves me. Would this thought change me?

Putting it back in context with Hebrews 13, if I never know when I am entertaining Angels, and the Lord never leaves me, should I not always strive to do the right things?

If we have to wonder what the Lord saw of our day, and if it was the right thing, then we probably have to change something we did in that day.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! That will keep me thinking today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joh 3:34
    For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure [unto him].
    Blessing & Hang Onto that Leatherneck,;-))j.xx.

    ReplyDelete