Monday, July 26, 2010

First day on the job.

This Cross was taken when I flew into Kandahar. It is supposed to be used to place your flack jacket and helmet on when you are not using it. Now it stands near an airconditioner by the gate .

Today will be my first day on the job, doing what I am supposd to do. I am looking forward to it so that I can begin to be productive again. My father is keen on the fact that if I am not doing something productive my mind gets off. I think it may be that way for all of us. I also know it is true with our faith.

I am not writing much here today, only ask for prayers and thoughts. I love you all and miss you tremendously. Be well and be someones blessing today.

3 comments:

  1. Your father's words are wise. I'm sure you will do a great job (both secular and spiritual) at your new post as you get used to things there. You continue to be in our prayers. You are an encouragement to us here. We miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you John. I miss all of you also, tremendously. I also pray for all of you. Please send me emails also so I have your address. I can write you personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back to work. Idle hands...

    ReplyDelete