Friday, July 16, 2010

My First Package

I recieved "The Box" yesterday. Oh what a felling! It came just after lunch and was delivered to me while I sat outside of my boss's office on a wooden bench, waiting to have a meeting. I was so happy to get it. The feelings that I expressed in the prevoious Blog came out, the thoughts of what special things would be inside.

I sat just looking at it. I actually sat it on my lap for a little while and looked at the writing, Catherine's. I couldn't wait to open it up, but, I couldn't. It was not the right time. I would have to wait until the eavning.

Just before 20:00 I was able to sit and finally open my package. I had actually thought about it all afternoon. I worked a little late which made things worse and then had to shower before anything else. For a moment I thought as If I were having a date with my family with all of the preperation. Funny what comes through my mind.

Just before I opened it I prayed that the Lord would bless the items and allow me to feel all of the love of my family as I examined each one. Sowly then I opened it. I didn't want to ruin anything. Then the moment that I had waited for for a whole month.

Each item I saviored. Each card I looked at the writing. The boxer shorts from Norman. The notes from the kids. The most wonderful card from Catherine. Every piece I just had to look at on its own. These were the most emotional gifts, yet so simple, that I had ever recieved. It was a wonderful moment for me.

These gifts are now a physical connection between my family and me. They, again, become representations of the love they have for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment