Friday, July 23, 2010

A few pictures for you all!

I started playing a little game that I call find the Cross. It helps me through the day focus on Him. I have a bunch of them now but this was the first one that I took. I will put them into the posts for your viewing pleasure. Try to guess where this was taken. Those that already werfe told the answer can not play.



Where will you find your cross today?


This shot was taken at about 5:30 in the afternoon. I call it Explosion at Sundown. this was the Marines having fun outside the fenceline blowing something up. In KAF they warn you about this, in Leatherneck they just push the button. One thing to note is that the sun in this shot looks bright when in actuality it was just a yellow ball in the dust.






This shot is not smoke off of the Mules tire, it is dust! Moon dust as they call it here is like talc, very light and very messy. Everything is covered in it and when the wind blows it is a nightmare.


I like this shot! Catherine will like it because I am smiling. I tend not to smile in my photos. Here I am this morning in KAF. You can't see Chub Chub but trust me it is going down. What you may be able to tell is that I am very tan, I think however the flash takes away from that.
Catherine wanted me to come home tan and buff, I think I am doing a good job at it.

By the way I took this shot myself!


Here are the guys from Kandahar Materials Yard. Musa is on the right in the front. James is on the left in the front. They are the Kenyans who God sent me when I was first here. Behind them are the Phillipinos. Over my right shoulder (stage left) is Leo who worked with me at Leatherneck. He flew with me yesterday as he is going on R&R. Raymond is next to him and then Lulu.
This picture was taken in there break tent. The Phillipinos invited me to have breakfast with them this morning. They also share most of what they get and represent fellowship very well.
It was good to arrive back in KAF. These guys really gave me a warm welcome back, it was nice. It is amazing that the few days I spent here could have created so many friends. I have most of these guys emails and look forward to continued interactions with them.
As part of that I would like to mention that I was also able to have prayer with the Kenyans this morning in the Happy Bus. Sitting along side of me was Kishan who was the man who John so nice asked about Jesus after Musa song a few weeks ago. Apperently he continues to sit with them on a daily basis. Also, my Brother Robert, the Evangalist is now at Shindand, the same base that I will be going to in a few days.
God always has a plan.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all the pics. I Really enjoy seeing your world. It is also very nice to put a face with a name. XOXO

    BTW...I don't ever remember saying I WANTED you to come back tan and buff, but I guess it wouldn't hurt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures Mike. It really does help us to better understand what you are going through. It is amazing what God is doing with you. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, nice to here from you. It is very incouraging to know that you all are there and able to view these posts. I hope in some way it is able to help somone, somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pics, Mike. I really like the "find the cross" game and will start to play it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post and pics, Mike. But I'm confused as to where you are and when. I thought you were already at Shindand. No?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is the run down. I was in Kandahar for a week and then sent up to Leatherneck. I was there for two and a half weeks before they decided to send me to Shindand. Now you can not get to Shindand from Leatherneck so I had to return to Kandahar so that I could catch a flight up to Shindand. My flight will hopefully leave on Monday haowever dust has grounded most of the flights with passengers the last few days.

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete