Tuesday, July 20, 2010

You just never know.

Ok, I have been here for a couple of weeks,
almost, and now I am leaving. They are sending me to Shindand which is near Iran. This news to some extent was discouraging as I was not able to complete my task here. I wanted to be able to sink my teeth into something and leave my footprint here. You know man always wants to be rembered for something.


I was also kinda discouraged as overall I had not had the same experiences that I had in KAF. I did not feel that I was able to connect in a positive way with anybody here and that it was in a sense a waste. I know that the Lord always has a plan so I figured that Shindand is the place He wants me so Shindand is the place I'll go.



He revealed yesterday however why I was here. As I walked home with Doug we had a little heart to heart and I shared with him the person I was before I came to the Lord. As you may recall Doug and I have had some conversations regarding the Bible and Spiritual things. Even over lunch once I spoke of my faith in the Lord as to why He brought me here.



Anyway, Doug then opened up a little to me about himself. He spoke of some of his past and why he had to do this kind of work. We both had similar issues I guess is the best way to put it. Bulleted ListHe then expressed that since I had been here I had really helped him out. I don't remember the words he used, but that our conversations about the Bible and God had relly touched him and encouraged him. That he was glad that I had been there.


As I turned and walked away, I began to cry. Here I had no idea of why I was at Leatherneck and had been feeling down and out the past few days and the Lord, the night before I leave this place showed me why I had come. All I caould say is thank you Lord, thank you Lord. I saw again how His perfect plan is revealed. I did not know, but He did as to why I was here.


Never stop allowing the Lord to be in your words and actions. Never think that there is not an opportunity for you to wittness in His name. Never allow only your actions to be your wittness. Always trust in Him and trust that He will use you for His greater purpose.

2 comments:

  1. Now you've got to trust even when we DON'T have it revealed to us that we've made an impact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often have been heard saying with full confidence;
    "I don't know. But, I Know, I Don't Know.
    I Know, they don't know. Even When I May Have a
    Good Idea, I Always try to Know, I Don't Know.
    I'm OKay with that. No Way to REALLY
    Know Anything Much of Anything.
    Illusion, Count on that."
    Or, parts of this, whatever is fitting the situation.
    I Know, I Don't Know. And, I Seen, Most Who Say They Know to Me. Don't Maybe Know, I Know, They Don't Know. They Are Just Trying to Justify Their 'IDEAS'. Possibly, their knowing fits the scene, but 'the scene' is still a parceled & biased majority ruled, Play.
    Peace Comes With Walking in Ignorant Trust.

    Blessings & Travel Well w/Ur Leatherneck Near,;-))

    ReplyDelete