Sunday, August 1, 2010

A day of blessings.

Yesterday my day started out with my Bible reading in the morning. Some days I am able to do this and other days I have to wait for lunch as I am writing or speaking with Catherine on Skype. The last part of the scripture readings was John 6. I wrote yesterday from parts of that scripture, John 6:27-29.


There has been a man that is new here that has been joining Robert and I for prayer each evening, Adu. He works in the office with me and we are able to interact throughout the day. Yesterday I had mentioned to him that I was going to go to Church and that he could join me if he wanted. He was a little worried about taking time from what but I assured him that it was ok as long as he made up the time either at the end of the day or by not eating lunch.


So at 11:00 I asked Adu if he would like to come with me and he did, still nervous a little about taking the time but I assured him again it would be ok. This service was Protestant with praise and worship music and of course it has a Soldier spin to it but overall very similar to what I am used to. At the end of the service we had communion in which Adu participated in. I tried to explain to him prior the meaning of communion and he indicated that he understood what it was.

I prayed that the Spirit would work within Adu and he would understand more fully our Lord and Savior. He took a new bible when he left.


I then spoke with the Caplin about the prayer we were going to hold on Tuesday and Thursady with the kenyan men who can not make the Church services as they work late. He graciously offered to open the Church at 21:00 for us to use rather than being in the bunker. With this he also asked if he could join us not to lead but only to join in prayer and fellowship. This was a blessing in that we would not need to be in the bunker to have our prayer.


In the evening, when Adu, Robert and I met for prayer I decided to explain to Adu more fully the aspects of the Bread of Life, Manna, and Communion. As I did this a may raised up the curtain that surrounds Roberts area and acted as if he were interested in listening. We invited him to sit in which he did. As I explained the scriptures I used John 6 to help in the understanding of who Christ was and why the bread was important. Both Adu and the guest listened intently. As I finished and we were going to start prayer some noise startled the guest and he left. We all prayed.


I write this to illustrate how all things are connected. How the word of God can communicate to us His leading for us for the day. It can bring us the Word of God that we are to use in application for the day. It can equip us for our ministry and prepare us for our wittness.


I also write to illustrate the blessings that I see here in this place. That our simple fellowship serves as a light to others. That our fellowship in Word and Prayer everyday produces fruit for the Lord. Adu, has joined us and now seeks more fully the Word of God and the Love of the Lord. That our fellowship has now brought a new seeker to us that we may now wittness to. That our faithfulness to our Lord, has facilitated a time for us to pray in the House of the Lord.


We are called to be lights in darkness and pray for the Spirit to work through us. Be lights and let the Spirit work through us. Do not determine how or why, only allow it to happen and live with a day of blessings.

4 comments:

  1. Just noticed that this is Post number 50.

    Happy Number Fifty!

    Hope you all are enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are Mike. Keep them coming. The Lord is working through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you don't have to look to hard to find witnessing opportunities out there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary,

    I guess if we put it in terms of darkness and light there is more darkness here then in other places. Not that it is a den or inequity but it just is not home for anybody here. All people therefore have a need for light. Even I must continually seek the light. Another major factor is that I have become more open to wittnessing and being used for His glory. I played it safe at home not really seeing the need unless doing something for a spirtual purpose. Here I have set it as my primary focus and work as secondary and therefore the Lord can use me more freely as I am not fighting it as before.

    ReplyDelete