Thursday, July 1, 2010

The food.

Catherine was wondering the other day about the food and what I was eating. She was a little surprised at the answer. The food is quite good and there is lots of it. I have eaten in the American DFAC, The Asian DFAC and the English DFAC. As much as you want for all of your meals. It is all served cafeteria style but on a very large scale. Most of the DFAC's have a short order station where the food is cooked to order, the stir fry is the best so far.

I have trying to eat smart. Yes in this oasis of food and fun I decided to go on a diet of sorts. I eat a protein filled breakfast with lots of fiber and juice. I want to try to keep up with the vitamins and minerals that I am losing during the day. I eat a really big lunch with several vegetables and more meat. This meal gets me through to breakfast again as we work until 7:00 and with the commute home, showering and my reading I do not want to waste time with dinner. This has been working out very well.

Yesterday, Jon and I dropped off a vehicle for service and while we waited we walked to the Board Walk. Don't chuckle, the Canadians built a boardwalk here that has shops, restaurants, a basket ball court, stage, and of course a hockey ring (no ice). We got a Boston cream donut and an iced latte. Pretty good two for the location.

It is very weird in a way that all of this is here. Modern times, you can feed 28,000 people four meals a day, seven days a week without a hitch.

If you enjoy the beach (sand only), sun, food and shopping this may be a future vacation destination for you.

Be well and God Bless.

4 comments:

  1. Hey - many people go to the beach without even putting their toes in the water - so maybe you are on to something!

    28,000 people served 4 times a day....Talk about logistics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotel KAF...

    New Job Post -

    Hotel Manager Neeeded for beutiful reort hotel. Beach front rooms, all of them. Must be willing to clean constantly and speak every language known to man. Apply in person by noon today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a matter of course, The Only Water I Allow to Touch an opening into My Body, has been fully processed & generally comes from some sort of pipe. That Aside, I bet You Would Trade your Trousers, if this 'sand' you refer to, was the same as Our Jersey Shore 'beach' consistency.

    If you Ever Get a Chance, The Gulf of Persia, has Hoards of Black Snacks - I Know You Like Snacks, but You Gotta see The Hoards of 10 foot, Black Snacks in Standing Highly Salted 130*f Water - It was a Sort of Revelation to Me.

    Blessings,;-))

    ReplyDelete