Thursday, July 29, 2010

My day.

I call this one Carved Cross. All I can say is it was the first time I saw something interesting on the wall in the area in which I found it.


Yesterday was a pretty good day as I spent it down on the flight line observing the cargo operations. That is part of Transportation and therefore part of my responsibility. People also fall under cargo so the PAX Terminal is also under me. It is funny to me but, oh well. We even had General Petrios (Spelling) fly in and then five minutes later fly out. He is the Commanding Officer of Afghanistan you may have read about taking over a few weeks ago for McChristie.
While down there I saw two of the Air Force man that were at the Bible Study the other night.
We were able to do some more formal introductions then before, and spoke a bit about where we are from, what we did and when we get out. We also spoke about the study and that we all really enjoyed it. Each was looking forward to next week. I ended up running into them a couple more times during the day.
On my way back from the Flight Line before dinner I met up with Chaplin Johnson. As we spoke he also expressed how he thought the Bible study went well. He also thought it was great that I had spoke up some and started off running here. I explained to him that I had been involved in Discipleship and Samll Groups at home and really looked forward to being involved here. Iguess I had allot of pent up energy that came out the other night. I offered to help him however I could while I was here.
The best part of the evening was my new prayer group. We met late and I thought that we might not have met at all as it was after 2100 by the time Robert came by to get me. Apperently some of the men work in the kitchen and they do not get out until late and then must wash up first. What I thought was going to be just three ended up being six men, Robert and me, three other Kenyans and Roberts bunk mate who is from India. We stood by Roberts bunk and prayed, each one at a time, and each in his own way. I am amazed at the way the Kenyan men pray, it is much like JJ's prayer but more intense in nature. I think I may be a little week compared to them, not that it matters to God.
I was blessed through out the day. My fellowship and circle of believers in my life is growing and becoming stronger. I am feeling the freindship grow with Robert and the roots of friendship growing with the other men. This is important for me, them and God. Each needing and utilizing the strength orf the group for a purpose. Be it friendship or support, prayer or spreading the Gospel we all benefit form this.
I prayed that the Lord continue to use me in which ever way He sees fit. I pray that my hands become His and that I may touch others for Him. I ask that you pray these things also for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. "Let your light so shine before men..." Wow, you are setting the example, dear brother!
    When my son was in Iraq, he also met with Kenyan kitchen workers and was blessed by their faith.... God has his people all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Mike. Thank you for all you do! What a wonderful example you're setting for our children.

    ReplyDelete