Friday, April 8, 2011

Seventy Eight Days!

Today marks the official beginning of the end for my time here in Afghanistan. I have put my ATO and Travel Request form in for my final trip home. Seventy eight days from now I should be, God willing, walking in my front door to start the next part of my journey.


It was funny that yesterday, out of all the days to do so, my boss descided to ask me to stay. Three times and each time he asked I answered with the same answer, that I appreciate his offer but I only came here for a year and will now return to my family. It was however as close as I ever think that he came to saying that I was doing a good job. Everyone has there way of saying things, that was his. It is nice to know that it mattered, in a proffesional sense.


Now if anyone has been counting along with us at home, I have added a day to the total. It apears that to be better safe then sorry in regards to my taxes, I will return to the U.S on the 366 day instead of the 365th day. The twenty four hours can make a big difference in the taxes that I pay for the year. So on the advice of my accountant I will spend one day in Dubai on the return trip. I am sure it will be killing me to get home at that point but oh what a feeling it will be.


This isn't the time nor the place to begin to reminis about all that has happened and the things that I will miss. I just felt that I needed to mark the occasion in the Blog. Have a wonderful day and God Bless you all. Tick Tock, I will see you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment