Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Glorify Through The Pain

Tough lessons to learn sometimes aare the ones that are so close to your heart. These are the ones that stick with you and burn in your sould. They are the lessons that become so vivid in your minds eye when you lay down to sleep. They are the first thing you thinik of when you awake and as you take every step during the day. They are the ones that can affect real change if you allow them to.


I believe I have written of similar before, about the pain that comes from being let down. The let down can be from your own hands or from the hands of others. Many ways and times this dragon can raise and bite you. Sometimes from the places you expect the least, from those that mean so much to you. Fortunately, even through the ache of the betrayal, good has come. Even though the pain radiates in my chest, my mind has focussed on the lesson. Instead of dismissing the circumstances and reacting in a purely worldly sense, I can turn this back to God and allow it to become a building block to my faith.


I have, over and over again, asked my Wonderful Savior to teach me and show me through. I trust in Him. At this point, I am content with my continuation to pour out and into those around me regardless of the circumstance. That even though expecatations may fail, the act of forgivness has allowed me to continue to wnat to love. Even though selfishness could reign, I will counter with commitment and humility. Anger could easily destroy, but mercy I am resound to let prevail.


God will work all things to the good for those who love Him. The beuty of the Gospel is that it will set you free, if you let it. free from what would otherwise be natural to us. Free from walking down the typical path of resentment and coldness. Free from allowing worldly emoyions to control us, to lead us, to becoming a puppet for the liar. We can overcome these simple trials or enormous heartbreak through the lessons that Jesus Christ shows us. His truth does set us free.


I am hurt, but I am also I disciple of Jesus Christ. Because He can even look opon me, because He has shown me so wonderfully His grace, then how I must then show that to others. It would be easy to quit, and temporarily turn from those that harm, ut ho much more of a wittness to stand and continue to love them? It would be easy to respond with the same judgements, but how much more to wittness that of only Gods judgement?


I have said it before, and I will say it again, I do not want to be a hypocrite. I must actively persue in my life that of which the Lord has shown me. Even if it appears to be foolishness, if I don't fully understand, I must in my heart try for I alone will stand before God, as will each of us, and on that day he will speak only to me. My heart must be ready for that day.


Lord, I ask that you continue to bring me opportunities to glorify you. That my life be yours and that in all things I can participate in what you have planned. I may not understand them, they may even hurt, but know that I am trying and that I am yours. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment