Friday, April 15, 2011

Real Time

I am going to start this post off today differently. I am writing this at 09:16 in the morning after the post Psalm 116:10 was published. This morning I am getting the ache again each time I come to my room to work. The first time I sat down I immediately wrote a prayer in an email to Catherine for me and my family. This second time, as I came back it started again, so I am writing this.


This will be kinda an object lesson of sorts. Documented as "Real Time" as possible as the day goes on. I will see if I can document the events throughout the day and find what it is that is causing the ache. It will be either some sort of difficulties or some sort of blessing. Don't know at this time, but I am looking forward to finding out.


09:29, Still uneasy! We are always in a spirtual battle, everyday, each minute. Those of you that don't understand this, maybe you are not saved or maybe just not walking it is this. Unless you are a threat you are left alone. you are an inocent bystander who watches as the invading Army passes you by. Until the day of them coming for you you will remain inocently standing by in disbelief. For the soldiers, the resistance, the ones who stand on their beliefs and for a purpose, you are the threat. You are the ones hunted, and sought after by the enemy.

10:59, In Country Pay Day here at the Camp. This is the day once a month that you can get cash from your paycheck at the Finance office. They have recently moved the office to the end of the RLB I am living in. So as I ventured out to go to the bathroom ther was the line of guys waiting for their pay. This gave me the opportunity to pass out some of the items I have recieved as donations for these guys. Tooth paste and tooth brushes first and they went really fast. The guys tend to like the large tubes of Colgate over anything else. Socks, underwear and wash clothes went next. Now I know what you are thinking, come on Mike, you could have done this any day. You are right but today it has a bigger purpose, today just maybe was the day that this needed to be done.


12:59, Luch / reading time was uneventful for the most part however I am reading a very good book on m y Kindle. "Discipleship: Living for Christ in the Daily Grind by J. Heinrich Arnold. Some good Spiritual meat for the brain. Today was about The Lords Supper and Marriage.


1430, Made my call to Catherine to make sure she had woken up at 06:00.


14:31, I have continued to slowly but surely hand out different items to the guys while they are recieving their in country pay. The great thing is that the pay that they are recieving would have gone for some of the items that I am handing out. They will be able to use the money now for other items. It does not necessarily mean that it won't be cigerettes or food or something like that but I always feel that that is not my concern. In a small way this helps them out and that is a good thing.


15:12, Some more T-Shirts and socks. I have some heavier sweatshirts and Henlys but I will wait until the sun goes down a bit. It may be easier to give those away at that time then now as it is still hot out side.


16:19, Called Catherine again, the kids just on the bus. We are able to get caught up and see what our days are going to be or have been. I am eight and a half hours ahead so as one day ends another begins. Goodmornings and goodnights all in the same call.


1800, Managers Meeting. We had to sit and wait for two Managers to show up. When somone is late that is what we do, wait for them to arrive before starting. There are no excuses here that prevent you from being at these meetings. No traffic, no sick days, no days off. The rule is if you can not make it you must send someone in your place. This meeting is for the passing of pertinent information that must be passed to your people the next day. So the meeting went long.


1840, Went and sat with Walley the O&M Manager. We have a couple of Adirondack chairs outside his office and it is a nice place to relax at the end of the day. This is the same place I read at lunch. I sat with Him until about 19:45 and then went back to my room. The converstation was nice but nothing special, nothing amazing.


20:30 After completing a movie I had been watching I called Catherine and then got in bed. I am writing his part in the morning.


So, what was the day? Good or bad? I started with the ache, twice being overwhelmed by the feeling that caused me to react. I did not just leave it alone and allow it to bring me down. Prayer and connection came from that, conecting to God through my prayers, my actions and thoughts during the day. Moving, actively towards Him. I connected with Catherine, in voice and in email drawing closer in faith with my partner. I more importantly purposed myself at one point to bring joy to others. To touch someone who for any other reason I may not have.


We must be active in our faith, walking in the belief that the Holy Spirit lives within us. That the Spirit is guiding us, warning us, compelling us to do something besides sitting and lamenting over our pain. I would suggest that you8 all do the same. When times of struggle come, stand and walk. Look to the Lord to see you through and trust that He will, move in his glory and be free from the pains of life.


Lord Jesus, active participation in your will. Moving towards you and for you in all things and in all ways. We should not jump into the pit under trial but stand on the firm ground besides you and live, freely. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment