Thursday, April 28, 2011

Is It Really Still sixty Days?

I am getting so ready to come home at this point it is not even funny. It is still sixty days or so away but none the less it is on my mind very frequently.


The other day I cleaned out one of my foot lockers and put away anything that I didn't think I would use between now and then, and that I felt I need to save. For the most part I filled it with my books, and items that have sentimental value to me that I gathered here. Most of the other things that are left out at this point I believe are not going to make it out of Afghanistn, at least by my hand. Except for what I need to travel, everything else will be given away.


As I am writing this I am thinking I should save this for another time, maybe a feww weeks before I leave here. But it is what is on my mind so I continue. The sad thing is that in my mind I am saying to myself, "Plan for nothing because tomorrow will take care of itself. God will take care of this stuff and He may even determine a change of plans, you never know. So, Mike, just wait." Well I guess this is the human side of me sneaking out a bit. Maybe alot. Being anxious for nothing! Easier said then done especially when it is concerning returning to your loved ones.


Hey, by the way, my Boss got let go. I feel bad for him because he really loved this work. This is basically what he has done for thirty years, either with the Military or as a civilian. The official word was that his contract was not renewed, so he will return to the States now. They will place one of my collegues into the position at this point because I have announced that I will be leaving in two months. This is perfectly fine as I am here for a different purpose then a carreer.


With the above it is funny how things work. I don't want to say this in a bad way because that is not the intenet, but several times I heard my Boss tell me that the people that get sent home are because they were not doing the right thing. That even sometimes he would make a real personal point of pointing out that people that I would help on a Company level were sent home with statements like, "see, another one of your little friends is being sent home. You wanted to help them and now look." I know that my boss tried to do the best he could, but there were areas where we disagreed, some that I thought were wrong, and now he is home.


Anyway, Things are changing a bit and if you have followed this blog then you know that change brings its own challenges. I am in alot better place now to handle them then before so I don't think it will be so bad. I even think that I can have some fun again and get this place back to where it was before I left on R&R, before I leave for good. This does not mean that it will stay that way but I can give it my best efforts.


Be well. Trust God, in everything, and live as Jesus Christ showed you, to the best of your ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment