Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Convicted.

Catherine always tells me she likes when the Spirit convicts me of something. I try to remain faithful to the leading whenever it happens and it, when I do, works out well. One way or another there is a blessing at hand. Let me start this Blog today back a bit in time. Just before I went on my last R&R I assured my Boss that I would make sure that I left the Department fully capable of it running itself. That each person would be brought up to a level wherr ethey were confident in what they were doing and could do it without much direction. Also that each person would be able to fill in for the otehrs so that we were covered for R&R's or emergencies. I even went so far as to tell him that my ultimate goal would be to leave this FOB in June and that the Department wouldn't even miss me. So that is what I did. I set out and got all of the Coordinators to a place where they could operate with very little direction from me or David. I could then move into oversight and allow the operation to continue on a daily basis very smoothly. So basically, like a Manager should do I am working my self out of a job. Since I have returned from R&R things have slowed here as far as major work. the camp is basically built and we are more into a sustainment program until the next construction phase starts. My work therefore has also slowed, with the guys very independently doing their jobs and the normal routine of things it just moves along. Add to that that I now have another Supervisor in the mix it has spread the work out even further. So I also now have days that I am looking for things to keep myself busy. Yes bordom can almost be the term used on some days. With just under eighty days left on my contract, and this bordem, you can imagine the internal antsiness. So last night, we go to our 1800 meeting where all of the Supervisors and Managers attend to get the end of the day briefing. Sitting next to me is the Camp Manager Floyd. Now he is a Christian, Ex Marine, Process Controls guy and happens to be the best Camp Manager that we have had here since I have been here. Just as the meeting started he leans over and says, "so, what did you do all day?" My heart sunk, really! So I started to rattle of the things that I thought would convince him that I filled my day with endless work and that the company got every minute of pay out of me. He just said "ok". So I sat there through the meeting wondering what this would be about. Yes, I almost felt guilty of not working hard enough. So as the meeting wound down, I turned to him and said, "hey Floyd, whats up? What do you need?" He smiled and said "oh, you were wondering why I asked you what you did all day? Nothing, I just ask that of people randomly." So deep breath in I said "ok, I thought you may have neeeded something." I felt good for a while, but that evening as I lay in bed the second conviction hit me, Mike, are you really doing enough? Oh. Maybe not! So after a little contemplation I fell asleep. This morning everything was good as I went out to my prayer time by my tree. I walked past Floyd who was sitting and reading his devotional out in front of his room. I told him that I thought it was good to see him outside and reading as normally he stays in his office. He said he had to read the play book before he got in the game. Very good, and I walked out to the tree by the flight line. I walked and sang my worship song and then stopped and began to pray. Just near the end of my prayer time The SPirit spoke to my heart once again, this time more clear then the other two. "you need to talk to Floyd. You need to let Him know what is going on." So ok, I am no dummy and know that when I have such clarity then there should be no argument. If i do I would be the fool. I returned to Floyds office, he was inside now, and knocked. As I entered I told him that I had been convicted of what he said. That we were both Christians so he would understand that I was there because of that conviction. He kinda looked strangly at me as I continued. I told him that his question last night had caused me to think about the situation. I said that because the work had slowed and that my guys were doing what they needed to do very well, along with almost too many hands, I was finding myself looking for things to do during the day. With that, I offered to him and the O&M Manager if needed any assistance I could be to them for the next month until I begin to demobe. He looked at me and thanked me, said he appreciated me letting him know. Now I don't know what the blessing may be. As a matter of fact I don't think I really care. Some of you may even think that I am crazy for saying anything, but I followed my convictions, the leading of the Spirit, and I moved in the direction I was asked to move. Now this very well turn out bad, it may not, I don't know but however it turns out will be the way the Lord intended it to. As a Christian I must walk in that faith and glorify God in all things, in that I know that I am in His will. I didn't sit in discernment or wait to run this by my Brothers. I moved in faith and confidence in the Lord God and that is enough for me. Lord, continue to convict my heart in all things. Strengthen me so that I may walk in faith of your plans and move to always glorify you. I trust and obey, trust and obey. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment