Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Way Through.

I have the ache back a little today and it is throughing me off a bit. It is unusaul, not that I have the ache, but that it is throwing me off some. I am attributing it a bit to the fact that I had to send three employees back to KAF based on the recent event around here. One of themI just didn't want to see go, Rosvand, as he was very good at his job and was actually a friend of sorts to me. Unfortunately, the descision was not mine to make in regards to him staying.

The other two gentlemen, I can't really say that I was sad to see them go. I know that may be harsh from me but they really did not attempt to come into the Dedpartment and do things the way we needed them done. I had given them many opportunities to "man up" and "do the right thing" but they didn't heed my advise. Now so you understand I gave them a tremendous amout of opportunity to come around. I even warned them that if it cam e down to a formal sit down I would be well prepared. I was, they weren't and actually I didn't have to say very much about the situation as they brought themselves down. I do wish them the best and hopefully they will be reassigned to somewhere better suited for them.

With what these three men did it also painted a bad light on the On BAse Transportation Department. Too many issues around too few people and that is not good. I worked for many months here building a reputation and dealing with people upfront and honestly and it is hard now to listen to the comments reagrding the Department. I am swallowing them, if I don't then Satan will prevail. The best I can do is continue to do the right thing and walk on the good side of this. It would be too easy fro me to try to overexplain something that only needs an appology and to move on.

The reality of all this is that I am being tried by this siotuation and in running the part of the Department with Drivers. For me it is very similar to the situation I was in when I was still with Hess, and the last year before I was saved. Thankfully that is the difference, I am saved. So I see how if I didn't have Christ to look to. If I was still falling short of his glory and turning to the bottle. How this would be affecting me. So I am having the same feelings right now but I am finding the truth of God a far better resource for me then anything else in dealing with it.

So the ache is an emotional ache, it is the swallowing of a lot of things and probably what was my anxiety before, in the past. It is the anger and hurt, the pride and the pain all trying to get out and my mind saying no. You don't need to go anywhere, give it to God. So I sit writing and giving it to God. Aslo thanking Him for the path to do that, through Jesus Christ.

Lord Jesus, the path is narrow but we are all capable of staying on it if we want. I am able by focussing on you to not step from the path. You give me the light in the darkness and the truth that stands firm, that if I lay my fears and worries at your feet, you will see me through. I thank you and praise you for my salvation, I thank and praise you. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of you Michael. I do remember that year at Hess and God has truly transformed you. What a blessing you are to all of us! Thank You Jesus.

    ReplyDelete