Saturday, January 22, 2011

James 4:7 Resist The Devil

"Submit therfore to God. Resist the Devil and he will flee from you"
James 4:7
I have to do the first part of this evryday. I believe that everyone should do this everyday but some of you haven't gotten to that point yet. Anyway, my heart is 7,000 miles to the left of this place back in New York State. It is a conscience effort every day to stay here. I have even had Soldiers make that comment that if they had a choice like I did they would be home. So each day you work through the reasons why you are here.
For me, that is what I do. Get on my knees after getting dressed and just submit myself to him at that point. Put the day right in His hands. Then I go to the office to call home and start my Bible reading. Not that we lament about things or go over the I miss you's and stuff but we talk about the days events. We keep up on what each part of our divided family is doing. I can't help at this point to feel some of the sting of the seperation, some lonliness and whatever other emotion you want to through in. But I am way past it dragging me down for one simple reason. I submit to God.
After getting my men started I spend time in the coolests prayer closet I know. I walk out and stand by my tree and look out across the open space of the runway and out into the mountains. It is almost pure darkness accept for the blue runway lights and some light from the far side buildings. Stars and moon bright as you can imagine. Predator Drones taking off and C130 landing out of nowhere. ( As a side note, it will scare you to death if you are unprepared but the 130's come in with no lights until they are just over the runway, so all of a sudden woosh, they appear and then hit their brakes and slow down.)
Anyway, this prayer closet is where I start and it starts as I said, submitting myself to Him. I don't ask for a stinking thing, just submit. But now, like today, the battle starts. Once I feel the connection and the presence of God, then I let have it to the devil. To those that don't believe in heaven and hell you may not understand this, but the devil is real and he wants the worst for you. Now fighting him in my mind has become easier. I used to get all fancy, begging and pleading for things. Asking that a specific event or something be taken away, but not now. I have God with me.
I have given myself to Him. I stand in fellowship and thereofre the Lord Jesus Christ, The Holy Spirit and God my Father are right there with me. They are there to assure that nothing can harm me. Now remeber, this means harm me eternally, I must understand this. Nothing now will seprate me from God which is what satan is attempting to do. I have my sword, which God has given me. Today for the first time I actually invisioned the Words that I spoke as the blade in my hand. This is the my weapon. I speak the words of truth and I know that the devil will flee.
This isn't something that comes naturally to us. Our flesh wants to resist and stay where it is comfortable. Our minds fight us with reason and tell us that we can't do anything about the things of this world. This was the case for me as I stood only in half the truth. I stood only believing some of the Gospel. I will tell you the necessity will force you to go deeper if you let it. Practice, working out my faith, through my fear and emotions has brought me past the simple follish reason of this world into confidence in God and His word.
Now I am not some superior warrior. I am not even good at this, yet, but I am far better at it than I have ever been. You can also be better at it. Start by knowing that what God has told you is true. Start living as a Christian that believes this into your soul. This will take you a lifetime to perfect. Then stop being a victim. I was a victim here for a while, I allowed satan to twist me up and spit me out into a pit of remorse each day. Until I started looking up each day and stopped being that victim, then I could begin to take the offensive.
Once you get youself set on this, then turn to Gods Will and Word for the rest. Speak it in your prayers and ask for nothing less then being in His will, submitting to what He have you do for the day. Remember, your life is not your own, you are a child of God, but when you give up your life you will gain so much more through this submission. Now fight, because there is nothing left for you to lose. Fight because all that you have is in the hands of God and the devil has no way to touch it. Fight because the victory is already yours, because it was Jesus Christs on the cross.
Wow, get back Satan! Look out day because you have me here walking with Him and I am about to kick your asumptions of me out into the dirt. Really, you must bring your mind to this point and you will walk each day in such a better place. Frankly, God did not expect us to be weak and feable in our ways of Spiritual battle, Jesus was not. He wants us to love what is good and hate sin and evil. He wants us in the frame of mind as a righteous victor not a spineless whimpering follower.
Lord God, you word is our sword, a weopon that you have given us to fight against the devil. You call us by your side so that we may be shoulder to shoulder with you in fellowship and so that we may fight together this battle here on earth. Give all of us today that read this the heart of one who has nothing to lose, the heart of a victor. Give those that do not know you the heart that will alow you to come to them so they may also have this victory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment