Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Quick Visit

I feel kinda bad as I sit here right now as it is 1:14 in the afternoon and I am just getting to my blog. The thing is that I don't even know how much time I have at this point that I can spend with it.

You see, this morning we were given notice that the Project Manager and all of the Senior Staff for Afghanistan were stopping by for a quick visit. I was asked by the O&M Manager to get a vehicle to transport everyone around for the tour. I ended up playing Chouffer for the morning which was nice because I got to rub elbows with the guys in the know, at least here in Dyn Corp.

Silly me I got several pictures of them along the way. Sometimes I feel a little weird taking pictures of the things that I do but these are my memories and I want them to last forever. So I got a picture with the PM and some with the staff. Then I took lots of pictures of them looking at stuff around the Camp. Just things to remember.

I also stood around like a bump on the wall some of the time. At each stop I was just the other guy with them. Waiting for them to do what they needed and then drive them to the next stop. part of the time, just because I can't help myself, I played tour guide also. Pointing out some of the things that I thought would interest them.

Within an hour and a half we were back on the Flight Line dropping them off. Their plane of course is on their schedule and waited for them to show back up. Within a few minutes on they got and off they went to their next stop.

I was then surprised when I returned to the tent by my Boss returning from R&R. I was not sure when he would be here and today, here he was. So as I write this quickly I prepare myself to debrief with him as a month has passed dince I have seen him. Thus the shortness.

One interesting note, the PM did know that I was having items sent to the Camp for the Foriegn Nationals. He was quite happy about that and explained about my father writing an article for the News Paper and how I p[lanned on helping these workers out here. They were pleased with that. I explained that they had needs that needed to be met and they serve our Troops as any other man here does. It was recieved well.

So I bid you good day and Gods Blessings. Remeber to do what is Good and Holy for those that need you. Be it for the PM or the FN, doing the right thing is always right.

Lord, thank you for this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment