Thursday, January 6, 2011

He Has a Good Plan.

I am getting a late start to the post today, as it is almost 11:30 here in Afghanistan, 01:45 on the East Coast of the United States. I know, if I didn't tell you you would never have known it. The time difference is something I taklle advantage of in my writing of this blog as I know that I have a nine and a half hour head start to my self imposed deadline of 0230 East Coast time. That is when Brother David wakes up and I always think that he will be the first to read the post. My wife likes to read the Blog with her coffee at 0530.

The morning has obviously been busy, thus the latness of this. It is also probably why such a long intro as I am waiting for the Spirit to spur the literary juices that allow me to write almost without thinking of the words. It is more effort when I am left alone to fill the page. Anyway, I have recieved the final set of trucks that I will use for On Base Transportation today. I had to return the first set of five yesterday.

These are HLS, don't ask me. Basically an older version of the PLS's that we have used for the last several weeks. Being an older version there are some inherant differences and also some inherant maintenance issues that need to be addressed. So out of the five that I signed for four are actually ready to run and two of them need some repairs already. It is however exciting for me and in my heart I like the idea of a trucking fleet that I can call my own, kinda.

The paperwork that had to be done involved alot of people. Contracts and Lawyers, Property Book and Maintenance. When they got all done, then I get to sign for the equipment which makes me ultimately responsible. See they have this neat process of signing things over to people. If you are in charge you "Hand Reciept" any assets or property over to the users of such undernieth you. They then have ownership and liability. They if they want can do the same to their subordinates if they so choose until the poor soul at the bottom who can't do this and he gets stuck with it. I guess to say it best as the Tax payer wants to know who will pay when things get broke.

So now, with the reciept of these trucks, On Base Transportation will official start and I will be running a trucking operation again. this will join with the Material Handling Equipment (Forklifts, cranes and RTCH's) that I am already running. Anything that moves will move through us and by us. Not bad, but definately not what I thought I would be doing when I left Hess a year ago.

I was thinking about that the last few days. I left Hess to work in Ministry. I was not ready to do that, so I thought, so God sent me to Afghanistan to do what I was doing in industry. I get her and now I am doing both. I was thinking how cool is this training ground that he has me in. He had a greater plan that involved wrapping everything up into one bundle and letting me see how my life, work, and faith can be one. they are not seperated. Not only that, I am able to be a missionary, a wittness, a pastor and a prayer warrior all at the same time. Living each out on a daily basis in the middle of Afghanistan.

Anyway, I am enjoying my self today. Fo the last few weeks for that matter. All the things hwere are coming together in a way that only God could have planned. All of the life skills, spiritual skills, professional skills everything is working well. I am looking forward to the next six months. I am looking forward to the next six years of following God and His will for me. I see now why I am here and what will come of it.

Thank you God. Thank you for your good plan.

Lord, your wisdom is what holds all things together and is what I will continue to trust. I may slip or fail to listen, I am sorry, but ultimately I know that I must follow and trust you completely.

2 comments:

  1. Michael
    Love this post and your upbeat attitude on everything. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete