Monday, January 3, 2011

Life Achievement

How aweful is it to think that you could live your life and in the end it would have no meaning, that nothing really substantial would have come of it. All of our hard work, dedication to our carreers, the things we gathered would just pass away with us. Maybe we can be one of the elite, the famous, the faces of History but chances are that we won't. For that, except for some fleating memories of somebody once in a while we will be forgotten.

I thought a few years back that the mark of a great life is to affect, in positive way, the life of somone you have never met before. That was my goal. To have somone someday tell my Grandchildren that if it weren't for your grandfather doing such and such my life wouldn't have been changed in this way. Not that I would ever know but to me that would make it all worth it.

I still think about that a bit, especially when I write. Seeing the hits that I get on this Blog from around the world makes me hope that I have succeeded in that quest. As good as it sounds however, my opinion is changing, and changing drastically. For me, each day brings the realization that my life must be dedicated to drawing closer to Christ. To dedicating not only mind to Him but also my heart so that in everything that I do becomes for Him.

Each day, this is a struggle for me as it is for all Christians. My sanctification is a slow process and never is quite fast enough for me. I long to move into the area of complete devotion to Him, allowing myself to only move as the Spirit leads. Each day as my actions fail me this goal seems so insermountable and unreachable. But the truth is there, it is atainable, it is for me to achieve.

You see, I am realizing that only in the complete servcie of the Lord will my life really take on meaning. That through Him, I can do all things and the first step to that is to be dedicated to Him. That by His grace alone and to His plans my life will take on meaning. That anything less than that is only based on my pride and my feelings. That if I want someones life to be changed for the purpose of glorifying myself i am in the wrong place. That I should want my actions to glorifying to God so that somone else sees His glory through me.

It comes down to this, the mark of a good life is standing before God and having Him say well done Michael. Having the Lord have me turn and see that through me He was glorified on earth. That He will reveal all the times that I knew not what the outcome was but that I continued to walk along in devotion to Him.

It is too easy to have pride, even when we think we have none. It is to easy to sayu things are for the Lord when they are not. My words not are typed and it is easy for me to do so, but true change is tough and true change I seek.

So in the end I think that the greatest achievement I could have from my life can only be realized after my death.

Lord, I still have a ways to go but your truth assures me that if I honestly seek you you are faithful to reveal yourself to me. I think that is a process that you delivery as needed based on what I can handle Lord. I want my life to mean something for you Lord, that is the greatest achievement I could attain.

No comments:

Post a Comment