Friday, January 28, 2011

Dive, Dive, Dive!

Wow, wow, wow and for good measure, wow. I am just getting tried left and right today. Thank God I have Him on my side and I have remained absolutely focussed on Him this morning. If anybody, Catherine, Dad, Mom, Harrison and Anna has ever seen me loose my temper before then you all would just sit back and thank God also for the patience I have had this morning. I didn't even bat and eye at the junk that has been thrown at me.

Just for starters and opposite the subject at hand, but reklevant in my mind is that I planned today to bring three coats and a pair of shoes out to some people that needed them today. It was on my heart and if all goes well I may still be able to do so. As a matter of fact because of the extent of all the other issues it may be the perfect day to represent Christ to someone who may not otherwise ever meet Him. To get to the point on this, I see this as an attach to knock me off stride from the belssings at hand for Gods Kingdom.

So this day, started where yesterday left off. I had to perform the counselling with the individuals that took so much of my time yesterday at 0830 after my other meetings. Except for a one hour break which had its own issues, these took four hours and it is still not finnished. Hopefully it will be concluded tomorrrow at this point.

Today, was the day to Counsel the men from yesterday as I mentioned. This is when we formally repremand somebody for conduct related to their job. It is strange here that conduct outside of your on the clock hours here can get you thrown out in a second, but when you are on the clock you have to go through the formal process that you would in the states. They both can result in the same thing, but handled completely differently. Anyway, counseling, this is the opportunity fpor the employee to sit and based on what I have written tell their side of the story on things. This is sometimes, and in this case, where the challenge comes in for me.

Teach a man to fish and he will fish for life, give him an audience and he will talk for ever also. It is ok though, I have learned that if I just let someone who is not performing to the expectations that are set talk they generally will talk them selves out of a job. I have also learned that I dont run up against a brick wall, I will take them down one brick at a time. Step by step, until I am in the position that I need to be in where, again, I wont have to say a word.

Today, I listen for the majority of time of just all the things that I am just not good at, don't do right. Why the company should know whats going on, etc, etc, etc. All because two men have not on multiple occasions followed the direction of their Supervisor. Instead of just doing what is asked of them, we end up here. I I have to sit and smile as I hear all this.

Now the break in the middle was just long enough to be accused of stealing four pallets of 2 x 6's by an officer who saw it leaving his yard yesterday. Funny thing about running MHE, anything that moves has to move with your help. Fortunately I have developed a reputation of doing things the way they are supposed to be done and being honest. It just happens that the Department that we were moving the material for had made a deal, and then on the paperwork that was submitted written the information down incorrectly. Basically, he was trying to pull a fast one and wouldn't own up to it. Again, though I was able to stand on what I know, keep telling myself that everything was ok, and that it would be alright.

Really, up till this point, I have just had a rough day in a worldly sense. But unlike any other time in my life, it has not negatively impacted my personal well being. Yes I felt attacked, and put on the spot, stressed and at some moments angry, but it din't manifest itself in anyway that it would have six months ago. In that I am so thankful and I sit here thinking, wow, Jesus Christ was correct, the truth does set you free. That I can be in the world and not of the world. I can live in his promises during my regular day and be ok.

So the title of this blog was dive, dive, dive because all I could think of was the old submarine movies when they were being attacked. The alarms would sound and everyone would get to their battle stations. Then silence once they had gone deep. Well? When danger comes my friends, when just the day comes and it may take you away from Him, get to your battle station. Prepare and then wait. Be silient and run deep in your faith. It has gotten me past the worst of this place nand I trust my instructors training. Jesus hasn't lied to me yet.

Lord God, i pray for the well being of the men under my care, the two from today and the others. That in all ways I try to do what is right for them and lead the best way I know how. Allow me also to maintain a just and fair heart. I also ask that today strengthen me and my faith. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment