Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Better Half.

My wife Catherine is very strong, I have said it over and over again. I know she is stronger than me, she always has been. When I was not saved and my life was out of control, she remained and saw the family through. Now that I am over here she is still seeing the family through. Keeping the house, the kids, her own job and everything else that I don't have room to list here.
At my weakest times she remains a stable guidpost for me.

I can be assured that she will be there and listen to whatever is on my mind. Countless phone calls from me at all times of the night and day. Always giving me a least a few minutes to say hello or an hour just to cry. No matter what, she has been there.

Catherine lately has been pointig me very lovingly back to God as I have been struugling. She knows where first I should look, not to her but to Him. I am sure she would love to give her opinion and her thoughts first but, out of real love, sheasks me to seek Him in prayer and loving fellowship. Then I can return to her.

My wife knows and loves the Lord, hopefully more than me and with this love she can trust Him to see me through. She know He will, better then she can, guide me in my times of need. She knows that when I do this she then can begin to discuss with me where I am at, what my thought are and all of my feelings. That until I have brought things before the Lord, I would not be anywhere near where I need to be to hear her.

You all have heard me before say how thankful for my wife that I am. She is absolutely a gift from God to me. In His perfect plan He gave me the perfect woman to make me whole. She has the qualities in her that I am lacking and He knew this before time began. Praise God.

The moral to the above is that we can not overlook the importance of those around us, especially our spouses. We can not be davoid of who and what they are. We can not pass off their relationship with God as unimportant to us. We also can't control that relationship. We must trust the Lord always to be working in the lives of the believers around us. We must trust when they say things out of love that they are the leading of the Spirit in them. I trust that in my wife. I trust His strength in her and I rely on that strength.

Thank you Lord, again, for the the wife that you have given me. Thank you for her un failing love of you, her steadfastness to your truth and her perseverance. May I have strength like hers one day founded in your Glory.

1 comment:

  1. Remember, it is all in the way God made me! :)

    I love you, be blessed!

    ReplyDelete