Friday, November 5, 2010

Adapting

Well I was able to settle in a bit to the new living conditions. The tent is the same size as the last one that we were in but it is not in as good as shape as the other. You all probably can understand that anytime you change or move it feels different, no matter how hard you try to keep things the same.



The electrical system is different also. Instead of nice incandescent lighting at each bed we have a row of long flourescent tube lighting down my side of the tent. You can turn them on individually however the light is industrial and disruptive to the eye. There is no way to just light your area, too bright! The outlets, as I found out after a few light bulbs blew in my lamp, is 220 v. This was contrary to what we were told when we moved. So off to the Afghan PX at 20:00 last night to by some 220 bulbs. Unfortunately, only flourescent bulbs so now I have a choice of big flourescent lighting or little flourescent lighting. Ahgg!



I did get my clothes out onto my new little shelving unit. It fits what I need it to fit, the essentials. My books, toiletries and the few clothes that I have. By the way, I have found that having just a few pants and few shirts makes life a whole lot easier. I don't have to stand in a closet and stare as I try to find something that works for the day. Actually, I get dressed in the dark so most days I don't know even my color selection until I get into some light.



I also got to finally take a shower. I know that sounds gross, it was a little, but with the move and not having my clothes unpacked it just didn't work out correct. The thing with the showers is that right now the only ones that offer hot water are up near where my old tent was. Not exactly convienient when you are walking in flip flops and shorts. They are working on this issue however and at some point it will be fixed.



It is amazing to me how much I can adapt. It takes me a few days most of the time but eventually I get it, I get used to the changes. As you look back through my blogs you see this theme over and over again. External disruption breeds internal disruption. You also see over and over again that being focussed, settling the mind and working with the external disruptions will allow us peace.



Have a marvelous Saturday.

Lord, be our focal point during lifes disruptions. Guide us through these situations, through lifes changes so that we more and more learn to rely on you. You are the way Lord, in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment