Friday, November 12, 2010

"Excerscise, Excerscise, Exerscise!"

So yesterday I wrot about the Base Security stuff that I have been involved in here at the FOB, still cool stuff. Anyway today the Military ran an Excercise to test the plan and see where we need to improve. This is not as cool as the table top as most of the time you are standing in the bunkers waiting for the "All Clear"

The Excersise went smoothly, all of my people are accounted for, which is a good thing. I have five sections and seventy people under me. Under the proceedures I have a half hour to report one hundred percent accountability of all persons. This becomes the more difficult part and would be exsaserbated during off hours. It is however the most important part of the drill. It does become like hurding cats if people don't do what they are supposed to do.

All went well, thankfully, for the most part. I do have a list of difficencies, or potential improvements if you like, that came from this excercise. These will become the training points for my department. Very repetively we will discuss what needs to happen. Over several days we will repeat it until the people just know what to do. The point to be made through this to them is that if they don't do what they are supposed to then they will be in real danger. Things must happen in a specific way no matter what.

It is amazing to me though how calously some people take this stuff. You can go over things several times and they still treat it as if it is a joke. They still do what ever they want to do regardless of the fact that this stuff could save their lives. I guess in the BIG sceme of things that is indicative of human beings anyway. God tells us not to eat the fruit of the tree and what do we do? God gives us commands to follow and what do we do? He sends His One and only Son and asks us have faith in Him and what do we do?

God tells man how to save themselves, just like the Military does here and the are always those who just go off and do what they want to do anyway. What does it, what will it take for us to realize the way to survival? Here it is to duck and cover and then move to the nearest cover. After that point if you move you are a target. Jesus gives us similar, believe in me. Rest in my truth. Don't venture out alone or you will become a target, you will die. Without Jesus Christ you will die.

As with my people here I must stress the importance of getting this right. I must assure that I correct the instances of failure so that my people do not die. I am acountable for 100% of them 100% of the time and therefore a small failure means someone has died. I don't want that on my conscience. I take my responsibility seriously! So if you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you will die. I will run this excerscise over and over again until we we get it right. I am 100% responsible for that message.

No comments:

Post a Comment