Sunday, November 7, 2010

Enoch and Adam

Wouldn't it be so nice to be able to have continual fellowship with the Lord? How great would it be to walk all day, everyday in His company and regardless of the external things, we would have the Spirit just beeming from our hearts. Joyous, celebritory, loving fellowship with the Lord.

Unfortunately I have not gained that yet. I have not allowed my trust in the Lord to overtake every part of my mind, body and soul and therefore I spend time walking in the world with the perception that I am alone. I wonder away with my thoughts to things that my mind should not think about or I place in my heart fear of man. Other times I just dwell on the circumstances that I am in and fixate on the fact that "I don't want to be here" when in reality this is where there Lord has me now.

Enoch walked with God, so did Adam for a while. One man found and stayed on the right path and the other didn't. Oh how I can't stand being like Adam! How about you? Here we see example after example of the Lords glory in our lives and in the Bible but yet we, like Adam decide to step of the path and follow our own trail at times. "Hey God, I know that I just saw you work a tremendous miracle in my life, but I think I will venture off a bit and see what is on the other side of the fence." How this must just frustrate God.

I see a young Muslim man on Saturday night come and sit with us in prayer and fellowship and then the next day I allow myself to focus on worldly things. The funniest part of it is that I know that it is happening and I just don't ever really get away from it. I go through the hole day asking God to be with me but almost only asking out of obligation and not out of Faith. Like I don't really want the bad stuff to end.

This today is weighing on me. Obviously, huh? I had a boss one time describe to me that I created my own turmoil. That I, because of my personality, liked to be under pressure so I caused my own things to have that pressure in my life. I wonder if that is what I do with my walk with the Lord? Isn't that a terrible thought. That I would purposely or knowingly move away just to have the experience of coming back. Nice what the mind will cause you to think about.

Do we see this similarly with the Disciples. They stand and watch a blind man healed and in the next breath question the Lord about who he is. Wow. They couldn't even do it for a few minutes sometimes so what should I expect from myself? So God gave us more examples of how what he see's in us in these Disciples. The lesson being that we will, I guess, move in and out of this walk with God.

Have Faith, Michael. Be strong. Trust in the Lord and He will see you through. Give it all to God and His Glory will shine through. All of this is so true but because human are failed and because we live in this broken world, we will suffer simple things sometimes. We will have days when our minds just don't let us move to Him. We will have circumstances that hamper our devotions or raise our emotions. We will have days when we just can't get ourselves into the Fellowship that He offers. It stinks! But the good news is that I know He is still there waiting for me.

One day I hope to be as Enoch. One day I will just vanish as the weight of this world is lifted from me as my heart becomes completely devoted and focussed on the Lord Jesus Christ. Oh what a day would be like to see nothing but Him standing before me.

Lord, smack me please! Cause me to look directly into your eyes and see your goodness, your righteousness. Let me see only the Hope that you offer and not the despair of my worldy desires and thoughts. Let me, sooner rather than later, be as Enoch and walk with you. Let me be released of this pain of this temporary hell caused by my careless seperation from you. Let me love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment