Monday, November 22, 2010

The Power of The Spirit

I saw Seth again after about two months. Still a tremendous young man! If you don't recall, Seth's father had cancer and was dieing. Seth, a few nights before he deployed to Afghanistan wittnessed to his father jesus Christ and his father accepted Him into his heart as Lord and Savior. Seth spoke to me about this two months ago with such conviction and confidence even in the light of his fathers impending death. He knew that his father was saved.

Seths father died six weeks ago and Seth was able to go home and perform the uligy (spelling) for the funeral. He is beck now and as I said ablve I saw him for the first time yesterday as we left church. this young man came to me, reintroduced himself, and asked if I could talk for a moment.

I gave him a hug and then he began to tell me that he wanted to let me know that when we had last spoke that I had told him something that has gotten him through the last few months alot easier. He said that I stated that in all things we should be thankful to God and Glorify Him. Good and bad alike are from God, and by trusting Him and Glorifing Him through those we are in His will for us. He had taken this and used it to help him get through this tough time of losing his father.

I was shocked, I didn't think I had said much at all the last time we spoke because I was so impressed with what Seth was saying to me. I felt that day, and you can read it for yourself, that this young man had spoke into my life. I walked away blessed that day and now he was telling me the same thing. I actually started to cry as this is such the power of God working in our lives. Each man recieved from the other as we sat together that day.

We must realize that as Christians our lives matter to each other. We are of one Spirit and that Spirit is continuing to work throughout the Body of the Church at all times. We must always pour everything that we have out to each other no matter what the circumstance is that we find ourselves in. On the day we spoke, Seth was wittnessing to me through his life and the testimony of his fathers salvation. I spoke back to him and in that one moment we both recieved.

Don't hold back. Give out of Love every possible moment you can. You never know how that will be used by God.

If you need to, please go back and read about Seth in the post titled "Seth".

Lord Jesus, thank you for this reinforcement to my faith in your working through the Holy Spirit. May I remain faithful to the Spirits presence and power and allow myself to be used in such ways by Him. Thank you for this and thank you for Seth. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment