Friday, November 5, 2010

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....

So we moved yesterday and because I couldn't take my desk I was not able to unpack. My intention was to build a little shelving unit to put my clothes on but the carpenters were on the East side all day and therefore I could get any tools to use. When I arrive at the tent I usually change and then sit with Chandel to do our nightly Bible Study. This ran directly into the time I leave to go to prayer and then prayer lasted until 10:30 so it ended up bieng just a late night for me.

When I finally got into bed, 10:55 all I could hear was the drone of the massive generator outside the new tent. It is just a constant low drone... NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Something like that only worse because I am trying to sleep. You know how that is, things are worse at 11:00 when you are laying in bed. All night long, not stopping. NNNNNNNNNNNNNN.


Well I feel today as if I just starred at the bottom of the top bunk all night long. Now I know I had some sleep but I don't think that it was any good because today I am defensless. I have a stuck front gate and the enemy is standing on the draw bridge. Does that make sense? Anyway, over and over again things running through my mind. Itchy eyes, and my skin crawling and incoherant thoughts running through my head.

The worst of this is that I was convicted about just passing over the cards and things that Catherine and others have send in the care packages. I had this feeling that I didn't recognbize the love that she was relaying with each item. That I had become more interested in the fact that the box arrived and that I had new stuff. This seems trivial, but try to do it when you are 6500 miles away and have the difference of 8.5 hours of time. Not easy to just roll over and say that you are sorry for not reponding to something accordingly to the one most important thing on this planet for you.

So I wait now. I have sent an email and now I am putting it in the Blog. I feel as if I have messed way up and that I can't do anything about it. The reality is, that Catherine will not really react anywhere near as the feelings that I have may think she will. This is the trickery of the mind. This however is the reality of my day right now.

Catherine, when you get to this part stop and think of me for a minute. I love you so dearly and I am sorry.

Men, stop for a minute and think of your wife. Give her a hug, touch her hand and tell her that you love her.

Ok, so let me move on from here as I am crying and sometimes it is embarassing as my people are all around me. They know when I am writing because of it. I cry, ok. Alot.

So yesterday, we found out that Phil, the Chaplins Assistant is being called back to another Unit for three months. He will be going to another base to work. The good news is that he will have time to work on an Online Degree to become a Chaplin. Praise God. The bad news is that he will be missed by all of us. He is a fine young man and my friend. He may not know it but he has been a Chaplin for me several times over the last few months.

An interesting thing happened, thanks God, I posted yesterday afternoon this on my status on Face Book. "a candle loses nothing by lighting another candle." He is not a friend on Facebook, and last night as we discussed his move he stated the same quote in regards to how he sees this move. Coincidence? Praise God.

So, just some prayer request for me. You can guess what they are. Also for Justin, the Soldier who is seeking God. And for my family, that they just go to Jesus for all of their needs.

Bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment