Sunday, October 31, 2010

Prayers and Blessings

I want to first start of by asking for prayers from all of you for the Safety and Security of the Camp. I have been told that there is an increase in the number of Taliban moving into this area and that the Military is very heavily considering upgrading the Civilian security measures. I will say that this Camp seems to have an anointing on it as any Rockets that have been shot into Camp have not damaged or injured anyone or anything. Thay seem to all fall in mpty areas or are duds.

It is funny how after time you begin to live as if you are in your own little space here. You see the outside world but don't think much about it in a negative sense. Even know that rockets are being shot into the Camp does not create so much of an adverse reaction as you think it might. You expect that it will happen and just don't worry about it so much.

I would also like prayers for this Camp because yesterday, Halloween, a group of soldiers that are "Wickens" had prayer at sundown. I would like you to keep them in prayer and pray to counter whatever it was that they prayed for as it was in the name of evil.

Much to the credit of the Chaplins Assistant Phil, he called us to meet for prayer to counteract whatever eveil the "Wickens" may have called opon. Yes the US Military does allow all to worship whatever they may see fit as long as it is done "appropriately" in their eyes. Four of us came together in prayer last night for this but I feel that more is needed from you all to help counter act this evil.

Break>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This morning, all that was on my mind was that I was feeling off from the two topics above plus my mind was thinking a little of my wife and family. I believe that that is natural considering talk of increased Taliban activity. I kept praying for break through of this so that my heart would move into Faith and Trust in Him.

We had am meeting this morning regarding our impending move to the East Side before too long and the logistics of that for all of us. I actually wrote the first part of this before 07:00 and now I am writing this part at 09:00. I have also been dealing with another employee issue that popped up regarding a threat of death to one of my employees by two other of my employees. Not fun at all and definately issues very much of this world.

I say again, as I said yesterday, that we are always given stumbling blocks before blessings and today this is apperently what was happening. As I walked back into my office, after the meeting, a soldier was sitting in my chair speaking with the MHE Foremen. I had met this soldier the other day at the afternoon Truck Masters meeting and had engauged in a conversation that included me telling him that I was getting my Masters in Biblical Studies. At the time he had briefly acknowledged it and we moved on.

Today, he was here to wait for one of my forklifts to arrive at his job site and since he had extra time he figured he would come and talk. Since he had been sitting at my desk he noticed my Bible and other books and asked if they were apart of my Masters studies. From that he started to speak of a book that he had read that he wanted to bring me. It is about a guy who spends a year following the Bible. He thought I would like this.

We had a little conversation about the book and then e moved into questions about Faith and where his faith was. He was brought up Catholic and really thought that God accepted all faiths as long as you were a good person. This is a familiar theme. His statement lead to about a fifteen minute discussion on our faith, Jesus and His love for us and God being a just God and what His justice intailed. All in all it went well and I was able to contect a bit with Him.

As we spoke I gave him a small challenge of sorts, I asked him when he had a chance to read John 3:16. WHen he reads it I told him to replce all the places that say world with his own name. That not only di God love the world so much but that he also loved him so much that He gave Jesus to save him from his sin.

I expressed to him, in the end, that God always gives us opportunities that can lead to blessings. That today I was walking in a little funk and that my mind was wondering why I was here. I told him that he had become an opportunity for me to share the Gospel with Him. That it was a confimation to me as to the purpose in which we were all called by Jesus. That it was a blessing to me to share Jesus' love for Him and and to speak to him for the past few minutes. I expressed to him that because of those moments I understood why the Lord had me here today.

I spared you some of the details of the conversation. I will say that it was very nice and pleasing to share with Him. I am thankful for the Lords plan and for confirmation as to all of our callings. To go and make disciples of the world. I believe this man is seaking in his heart, that he is wrestling with God about his faith because of what he told me. I hope that I have been faithful to the Spirit and planted a seed for the future.

Pray for all of these things. For this soldier and his heart, that he may experience the love of Jesus Christ and accept it in his heart. For the Wickens who worship demons and evil, that they may be saved. That they may see that they only help facilitate their own deaths because they pray to satan wjho wants nothing good for them. Pray for the safety and security, for Gods will, over this camp and those within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment