Tuesday, October 26, 2010

80's Music Trivia

My buddy Greg is in Camp this week. He is the guy who was in Leatherneck with me back in July helping me set up the New Materials Yard. He is now the Theater MCT Manager and therefore someone who I report to in my position as I oversee MCT here at the FOB. We have always gotten along well and when we are together we really have a good time.

Yesterday, someone mentioned an Annie Lenox song from the 80's and Greg ended up playing it on his LapTop. "Sweet Dreams", I am sure that some of you have heard of it. This started off what ended up being a day of laughing and goofing around in the office playing music trivia. Greg would play a song and we all would try to guess the Name and Title.

Here is some trivia that might be interesting, Foriegner has a new lead singer. The old lead singer has bad hips and does not want to get them fixed so they went out and found a new guy. He is from the Phillipines. They found him on YouTube singing Foriegners songs and went and hired him. Could you imagine the look on his face when they knocked on the door?

Anyway, back to the trivia. I was amazed at how we could get so silly by just playing "Name That Tune". Singing along with the songs or acting out the video as we remember it, it didn't matter because we were having fun.

It felt good just to laugh and play. One guy even made the comment that I hadn't even been drinking. I guess that is a good indication that things were not normal. That is good, becausee this place can be too serious sometimes not to have fun.

This post is not long, and it is not complicated but it is meaningful. I enjoyed yesterday with my friend and with my coworkers. It became a memorable momment for me, the silliness of it all. This is what some of life should be about, just enjoying ourselves with friends.

Maybe sometime it is ok just to be silly. To be child like and get away from the stuffiness of our work. Here it got us away from the outside a bit. This music trivia reminded us of our youth, our lives. Try it.

May God see that you chuckle like a child today, and like it.

2 comments:

  1. Michael, I was so happy when I saw your posting about the day you spent singing songs and laughing with your friends. It spoke to my heart. My memories of you are of laughter and fun and mimicry and light-heartedness. I'm so glad that you still have that in your heart somewhere. It seems to me that so many of your days have no laughter in them. I love you and I love most your laughter. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom,
    Thank you for your post. I am so glad that this post was something that you could enjoy. I do remember the times of joking around and being silly. I love you.
    You must know that I am happy in so many ways. Because I do not find much of that in my work from the people I do like what I am doing for work. Also, there are many people here that I am friends with and each time I see them it is great.
    I like to write about the things that are most on my heart. I want to relate what is happening here with my life with Christ. I know that it may be tough sometimes but it is what I am lead to do.
    When you read these know that I know and trust the Lord. I enjoy every moment that I can walk along with Him.
    I love you and I thank you again for your post.

    ReplyDelete