Friday, August 6, 2010

More Pictures

This is the second addition of the first Cross photo that I posted. I still like this one very much and notice that the lighting is very different.



These got out of sequence. It was to be a before and after but now it is an after and before picture. Above is the new desk that I had built so I can read and write and also store a lot of my close. It is the newest craze around here, unfinished plywood. Below is the cases of water that I had as shelves. I also had a matching desk which is not in this picture.


This is my friend Adu. He has been coming to our prayer and also to Sunday service. He is the Administrator for the Bus section. His nick name is Disco because he dresses realy well and looks like he is ready to go dancing. He is also a very nice man. the one day we had prayer and a prayer walk he said to me that we did a lot of good things for God today.



Of course another picture of me, taken by me. I sitting at one of the workstations in the office. We have to share space so only the Special Few have their own desks. I would have been one of those but the man I replaced has been promoted and is returning to this Camp. He will want his space back.




Just a random photo looking out of one of the bunkers at my tent. They call these Alaska Tents and they are very stable and comfortable. There is an inner and outer layer on them which helps insulate them. In extreme heat they would place shade covers over them which reduces the heat up to 15 degrees.


The other night we took somke pictures in the tent. the guys that you see with me are all from Napal. It is pretty unique as they can look very Asian or very Indian. These guys play cards every night on the bed we are sitting on. The game is called 28 and I don't understand it at all so all I do is watch. For anyone who has every tried to learn a new card game try doing it with a language barrier also.


This will give you an idea of the tent set up. The door is straight ahead and the tube down the center is the HVAC line. Bunk beds line each side of the tent and are about 20 inches apart down the center. The spacing on each side is a little less. The beds are not the most stable so when your bunk mate moves you move. there is also the wind to contend with which continually blows the side of the tents in and out. You also have to deal with the door opening and closing all night long and people talking at verious hours.


May all of Gods Blessing for you be revealed to you today.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pictures Mike. They really help us as we try to understand what it is like for you.

    ReplyDelete