Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Wind

DHL Tape Cross.




Here in Shindand the wind blows in the same direction everyday. It has not changed since I have arrived. I n the mornings it is just a soft breeze which is very nice. Throughout the day due to the heat increase the thermals begin to rise and the wind picks up force. At dinner time it has become a gail force which will push on you quite considerably. By around midnight, as the temperature has cooled back down, the wind begins to settle again, back to just a breeze.


We have read John 3:8 "The wind blows where it pleases, and you hear its sound, but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going." The Lord has indicated that like the wind we can feel the Spirit but we can not see the Spirit. We feel the effects of the Spirit, the voice within us, or the feeling of guilt in sin, but we do not see this Spirit within us.


The wind here has become a constant reminder to me of John 3:8. It has become the catalyist to allow my mind to think of Him and the Spirit within me. As I walk out in the morning the the wind is soft, my mind easily brought to Him. I pray and think of His glory I can thank Him for what is to come.

In the afternnons the wind blows hard at this time however my day has become more busy, my mind full of the issues at hand and the things that need done. It takes me the extra effort to bring my mind to Him. The wind, thankfully reminds me of that need.

In the evenings I am thoughly full of the world. Things that have occurred based on the events of the day. I am empty and mymind is full of garbage, But there is the wind at its strongest. Rminding me to turn to Him. There is the wind, the Spirit, asking me to give it all up to the One who will make my burdens light, Jesus.

I also relaize from this wind that when it is blowing at its hardest I am taught a lesson of sorts. When the wind blows and you walk with it it pushes you along. There are times when it moves you along quickly. The wind quickens my step makes my path easy. But when I turn on this wind, when I am not moving with it, I must struggle to go forward. I must lean into it as it blows against me. Either way I walk, the Spirit is with me, the Spirit didn't leave me, but I choose to either allow Him to help carry me along or I choose to walk against Him.

Lord lift us all up. Allow our steps to be light under your care. Allow us to look towards you In all that we do. Throughout our day may we give our burdens to you, our cares, and seek you in all things. May we walk along with you and not against you.



May the wind remind you today to praise Him and cast your burdens to Him who cares so deeply for you.


5 comments: