Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Standing Together In Worship

So nice I just had to use this one twice! This Cross is my favorite.




Yesterday, after a DCMA Audit of two of my operations I went over to noon prayer at the Chapel. Monday through Thursday the Chapel is opened from 12:00 to 13:00 for anyone to come. This has become a regular routine for me now and I am finding that my prayer walk is strengthening everyday. On some occasions I am there alone and on others Chaplin Johnson is their and we are able to pray together.



Chaplin Johnson grew up in a church that sings Hymns and so he likes to start off prayer with singing from the Hymnal. Yesterday as I walked into the Chapel there he was standing in the front of the room arms spread wide singing to modern worship songs. You have to understand that he is probably 6' 3" so he is big. He also sings well and here he was arms open singing to the Lord.



Without hesitation I walked up and stood to his right and began also to sing in worship to the Lord. We weren't holding back, just free and open. I know that my daughter Anna would have probably asked me to be a little more quiet as I don't sing well but it was good, it was wonderful.


After the first song we just continued to the next. He has brought the Media from home with Him so we were set up with an abundance of songs. We sandg again, he has a way of singing harmonies and praising God during the songs that is great. I would just sing the words, to the best of my ability, and he would rise and fall and speak a prayer. A glorious moment!


About fifteen minutes into this another one of the Chaplins, Ken, came in. Without hesitation he took a spot between the two of us. He also has a good voice and our duet became , whatever three is, a tripet? In any case we sang, we worship our God in song. One after another without ceasing. I had never just sang like this before for so long.


We filled the hour with our worship. At some points one would break into praise while the others continued to sing. It was a powerful time. Not because of the voices or the similarities to the three tenors, but because we stood together in unchained worship. We came together as unashamed men and stood before our Lord to praise Him. We stood without distiction of Military or Civilian and sang our guts out to the One who loves us so much.


We sat at he end, humbly, together before the Lord in prayer. Each one expressing His inner needs and thanks. Each in our own place but together for one purpose.


Make a joyful noise, lift your hearts to Him in Worship. Stand in song to the One who gave so much. Let Him hear your voice, be it in your head with as much strength as you can muster let Him hear you.

2 comments:

  1. That's a "trio" and that's fantastical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me and singing! Pavarti has nothing on me. For real I had never just stood and sang to Him for that long. I really think it is something that could be done every once in a while at the church.

    ReplyDelete