Sunday, September 12, 2010

What to Write?

As I sit here and attempt to write I am drawing a blank. No words are coming to mind and I continue to ask the Lord to show me the direction He would take me this morning inthis Blog, and yet still nothing. Generally when this happens I will go for breakfast and take my walk, spend time with Him and most assurredly words and thoughts will come to me to write.
Today however my routine will be off a little and I am scheduled to be with the Quality Assurance / Quality Control guy for the morning conducting an audit for my section and I will not have time to walk and be alone with the Lord.

So I think, is this not what happens in our lives. We have set times for the lord and when the routine changes so does our devotions. We compartmentalize our lives into segments and try to stay to that schedule everyday. Don't we even do this with God, with our time with the Lord, our devotions? When we miss them then we feel as if we didn't get our coffee. That we didn't get to connect to Him and therefore we are missing out on something.

Here my words are not flowing as I expect them to. My thoughts are not spiritual and I write with very little wisdom and ease. If only I had connected with the Lord this morning this would not be happening or would it?

Is this not just our state of mind? Am I not just finding an excuse for my own inability to hear His voice today? He is always with me, He has not missed the appointment to have devotions with me. I am the reason for the quietness or maybe I just have nothing in paticular to relate to this morning in some Spirtual way. Maybe I am using my writing and feelings as the berometer of my relationship with the Lord each day.

I guess maybe today, the lack of thought and the sense that maybe I missed something was not that at all. Maybe it was just a way of having me realize that my Spiritual life is more that what comes out on paper or word. It is about the entire relationship and the devotion in my heart to Him as we walk together that matters most. It is knowing that in all things and all ways and at all times he is with me.

Even in this abscense of thought He has given me thought, I only needed to realize what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment