Sunday, September 12, 2010

No Internet Today.

We had no internet today for most of the day so my Blog is extremely late. If any of you are early risers I appologize to you. I generally write it first thing in the morning which is right when you are mostly going to bed. I am able to take advantage of the time difference.

So today was very productive overall. I have been around the base twice looking for Military personell, and damaged equipment. It is funny as I am the Transportation Manager and I have no means of transportation other than my feet and the buses. It makes for an interesting day.

To give you an idea the base is about seven miles around the outside parimeter. The buses route from one side to the other takes abiout thirty five minutes total but the bus stops are not located convieniently so there is a lot of walking involved. To add to this the Military some of the Military has moved to the East side and some remains on the west side of the Airfield so if you get bad information then you are on a big goose chase.

I was able to go to church in the middle of all of this. Chaplin Johnson is back from R&R so that was really good to see him again. He didn't do the Sermon but he did give the communion which was nice. Navin also played the djembe today during worship. He is the Napeleese man that has been now reading the Bible and sitting with us for prayer.

Later in the day my heart stopped. I kicked a old Russian grenade out of the gravel while I walked. I thought it was just an interesting piece of round metal and up cam the whole grenade. I thought, boy how stupid was that! then I went and found some military to come and check it out. I didn't have my camera or I would have gotten a photo. Crazy what people leave laying around huh!

So my day was busy again. I was able to get alot done. Even kept my foot so I will still be able to get around. I have even been spiritual doing very well keeping in a good state prayer and thought. That is the good thing about walking, it alows more time for thought.

Anyway, please have a great Sunday. Make it count for something at the end of the day and please don't kick any grenades along the way.

3 comments:

  1. Mike
    Good post. It is always interesting when you give us some perspective on what is around you and what you do there. Can't you requisition a motor scooter or bike or something. Maybe we can find a fold up bike and stick in a care package..

    Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer to walk actually but sometimes a truck would be nice. I run the busses so actually riding on them I can find out what is going on with them. It is a Management technique I learned from Hess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hess, at least the old Hess, instilled a lot of good and effective practices including getting down with the workers doing the work.

    Pop

    ReplyDelete