Thursday, September 9, 2010

How?

If you look at yesterdays Post, "Here is the Church" Gary asked me a questions in response that I initially answered last night but want to more formally answer now with a short post. He asked simply, How?

Amazingly, God is always at work and last night as I was at Prayer Robert gave Testimony to the Lord. As he spoke I thought about what Gary had asked because I felt that the answer I had given wasn't quiet right. I didn't have what I was trying to get at through the Post down, my thought swere just a little jumbled. Then Robert made this comment, "we must fill ourselves with more of Jesus and less of everything else in the world". Wow, there was the answer.

Gary, "you must fill yourself with more of Jesus Christ and less of everything else in this world". So the how is not a specific answer it is a personal answer. Your "How"? may be greatly different than mine. I made a choice to follow Gods call to me and come here. I embrace evry moment for what He is trying to teach me or show me. I remain in a state that affords me very little opportunity to be filled by the things of the World. I depend on Him to fill me as I pour out to others. You know the drill from my point of view. I couldn't have come to this point if I were home. It would not have worked and I would still be in a place where I was before I left.

So Gary, you will need to find your how. It may even take some real digging, maybe even sacrifice on your part. You are the only one that will know if you are truly seeking it or not, in this world. You will be the only one to determine how far you will go past your comfort zone. How far will you seek to know Him.

We must be emptied of ourselves everyday. That is a conscience effort on our part and only we can determine where it ends. I believe that we are comfortable where we are at as Christians in America. We won't push ourselves past the point of pain. We will sit in the Church that stays within our comfort zones and fellowship for the same reason. Until each Christain trealizes his or her comfort zone and then purposedly pushes past it we will be stagnet.

Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment