Friday, September 17, 2010

Foundation of Love

A few things as an update to some of the older posts.


First of all, I have convinced our Billeting to allow me to stay in the tent I have been in since I arrived here in Shindand. It is an open tent that has been used as a Transient Tent as new people have come in before they are permently assigned into another bed. Chandel, after coming to Faith in Christ, wanted to be next to me so I could teach him the Gospel every night. (You can read Rejoice a New Beilever and then New Life with Christ to see the story) Well yesterday I was able to finally get him moved across from me in the tent. He was very pleased at the news.

With this I will have formed true Discipleship with Chandel, living, eating, working and studing the Gospel together. I wll now have nine months to help strengthen my Brother so that he can then go home and do the same for his family and friends.

You may also remember Seth. (You can read about this incredibale wittness to Jesus and Soldier under the title Seth.) Last week his father passed away from the cancer that had raveged him for a yer now. The last time I saw Seth he was testifying to the fact that his father was pretty near death and that he would soon be with the Lord. Not a quiver in his voice as he spoke to the congregation, such strong faith in Jesus the man has. He was able to return home for the funeral in which he was to deliver the Ulagy (spelling).

Mathew, the young man who was shunned by his Church many years ago, still is struggling with his faith. (Read under the title of Rejected) He and I get to talk maybe once a week and I alsways enjoy the time. I feel so much for this young man as he is 19 and has so much on his mind. When I sit with him all I can think is that he just needs to be loved, for me to show him the heart ache I have for the situation he is in, and what Jesus wants for him. In a way he has the same thoughts that I had in my life up until I was Born Again. For him, it will all start with what Christ tells us is the most important thing, what the Gospel shows of God, that the greatest thing is Love. To Love yourself first, and then to Love others.

Nevin, the Napleese man who was a Hindu continues to come to the Chapel during Sunday service. (You can read of him in New Friends, Discipleship and Small Community) Last week he, Javeen and another man all were at the Chapel an hour early in anticipation of the service. Navin also volunteered to play the Dgembe for worship. He was very happy to help out with this. He continues to read his Bible and meet with Javeen for prayer and learning. I await his acceptance of the Lord Jesus as Savior in his life.

Going way back, (Musa and His Song), as I understand, Keeshan has come to faith in Jesus Christ and continues to read is Bile and attend the morning prayer in the Happy Bus. Last I saw him he was so happy and looked forward to returning home to India to his family. He was the first man that I was able to wittness to here in Afghanistan and plant a seed that was then watered and harvested by Musa and John.

For me I am comfortable where I am at right now. I am setlled in and working everyday with a good heart for the job. That is a lot better than the alternative, I have worked with the wrong heart before. It is not a good place to be. I am building good relationships with those around me, even the Supervisor who I had some issues with is settling down a bit. I am remaining Faithful that the Lord will see me through and provide for me at all times and thus far He has.

I worry a little, which I shouldn't, that when I am comfortable I will become stagnet and ineffective. I see this as the disease that attacks Christians most often and I don't want to be there. Comfort brings ease and ease allows us to be less dependant on Jesus. So I wrestle with this often, where should I be and how should I get there? I do know this now however, this is where I am to be, and I am to be available for Him at all times.

We must find the way in our lives to be devoted to making Disciples of the world, to discipling others in His name. To living as and speaking as a Chritians all the time and removing the excuses that bind us to this World. I believe that we are called to action, called to to walk where HE guides us no matter what. If we say that we don't want to offend or say the wrong thing then I believe that we are not fully trusting His word. There are always ways to say that you love someone, there always ways to show it. Isn't that the basics of our faith, to show love to all men?

As I look up, on this page, in these simple updates, I see Christ Jesus working all the time. In and through me, around me, and in and through others. He doesn't need me to do any of this work. His plans will continue anyway, but I am thankful that He has included me in His plans here. I am thankful that in all things I am learning to Love others and speak and act that love out in my life. When we use the foundation of Love as the basis of our lives amazing things will happen.

Be blessed and just love today.

2 comments:

  1. As I was reading this, the thought of how much I love you just kept coming to mind! I got a smile on my face at the end when you said to "just love today". I love you. XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I love you also, so very much. I am so thankful for you and the kids and the support that you are for me.

    ReplyDelete