Thursday, May 5, 2011

You Must Think That I Am a Liar

Today not so much preaching as the last two days. My thoughts have brought me back a few times to me being a liar or not. Yes a liar or not. I am thinking of the people who know me, have been my friends, are my family, anybody that is around me that hears the testimony that I give or sees the actions of my life. Do they look at me and think that the truth is not in me?


1 John 1:6 " If we say that we have fellowship with Him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth."


Is this me in their eyes? Do people hear the words that I speak and feel that it is just so much foolishness that Mike is off his rocker. Just another Jesus freak spouting the Gospel again. Do I walk in darkness and away from God so much that the words and the deeds don't match up? Or do I continually move to have the fellowship with God, love of Jesus Christ, and a life that brings it all together into the Spirit of truth?


Many of you knew me before. Was here things that I did that were contrary to what the word of God was. Was I living in the world seeking worldly possesions, things of pride, etc? Did I argue against the Wisdom of the Gospel, the truth of Gods word. Face it I was very similar to most of you who are not Christians then. But now one thing has changed, I now walk with Jesus Christ. I speak the truth of the Gospel when before I did not.


You may say that it is because I went through a rough time and needed something to hold onto, you are right. I say that at the end of me and what I could do I accepted what Jesus christ could now do for me. If I had shot myself in the head that one night you would morn the loss of a good man, but now that I live with Jesus Christ you have admire the change but have doubt as to why. the world views Christ as just another pill and therefore the truth lies just past what the "ok people" will accept. Am I not now a testimony to Christ within me?


Some will say well good for you, you have found whatr makes you happy but it is not for me. Doyou hold this attitude to the things that your friends say you should try? Do you not accept the wine that is handed to you to try? The new cigar? A movie? But in eternal things you will not even investigate, read or hear. You will pass up God and accept satan in doing so. Why is this line so hard to cross especially from one that you have know so well, me!


Ask yourself what in me have you seen that denies the Spirit within me? Because if there is then I lie, and if nothing then truth. Darkness do you see from what I bring to you or light? Good or evil? You must ask yourself why you are not willing to move forward in faith? What is it that holds you where you are at? Death, sin, pride, contempt, anger, drugs these are good? Love, peace, patience, self control, freedom from the eterenal death that awaits those who do not accept what the creator has freely offered.


You that know me, am I a fool? Is there not the light within me, the fellowship with God? Tell me what you see in me. Tell me why what I speak is foolishness? Do you see the darkness or light? If you see light then why fear the truth that comes from it? Why reject the promises that God has given and fullfilled in my life and others life so that you may see the light through us?


Lord Jesus, help those see your truth and light through me. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Just Jeffrey, Your Brother Writing A Reply.

    I can speak to my own life & thoughts on your blog entry. I am A Christian. Jesus Christ Lived, Died & Rose 2000 years ago for/to afford me forgiveness of the endless sins being human entails. I Am Thankful.

    What gets most people and causes much resistance in them, including many who are Christians, is when some other man or group says, "Oh, Perfect, now that you are a Christian, do this & do that & do it this way & don't do that &... All These Words of Men.

    People will resist trying the wine I offer them, if they know once they agree to taste the wine, then I am gonna tell them how to drink the wine. Or what they NEED to drink/do next. Or how they should feel... or that this wine is the only true wine... or that other wine they drink is wrong...

    I'd say that when you boil down 'peoples' resistance to, what you talk of in your blog entry, it is that people know what follows is a list... And, as we have seen in our life times & centuries of history, man, men are men. Men corrupt and soil just bout everything they touch, so I have great respect for anyone who is skeptical of men.

    In The End I Shall Be Perfected.
    I Even Go So Far as To Suspect, All
    Humans Shall Be. Believers or not.

    I Believe.
    I'll just leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete