Friday, May 13, 2011

He Is Sufficient.

"If God puts you there, He is amply sufficient." (To take care of you)



Oswald Chambers






Trust in the father. Believing what you say you believe in. Living your life with confidence that God will take care of you in all situations. Following His word and whole heartedly seeking to obey His commands. These are the active ingredients to being a Christian. This is where your "freedom" will stem from, knowing that no matter where you are at, He is sufficient enough to provide and take care of you.






Paul shows us over and over again that this type of faith, lived, allowed Him to overcome very bad situations. 2 Corinthians 11:24-27, Five times I recieved at the the hands of the Jews forty lashes less one. 25 three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was drifted at sea; 26 on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; 27 in toil and hardship through many sleepless night, without food, in cold and exposure. Later in 2 Corinthians 12:10 "Paul gives us this; For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong".






Why? Because of His faith. That no matter what the situation, as we walk in Christ, and have faith in God, He will be sufficient enough for all of our needs. How many of us feel this? How many of us can rely solely on God in our provision especially with so many ways in our lives to be distracted and to find provision from something else less then God. I know that I can't do it all the time, maybe not even the majoruty of time, but I keep persisting to that end, moving closer to it everyday. I have learned this while being here in Afghanistan, that there is no other place to find what is needed to get through each situation better then to turn it to God.






The entire year has been an excercise in seeking Him first. Each time I have looked away there is turmoil or lonliness, stress or discomfort. Only when I consciensiously recognize and place things with Him do I see that they are manageable and easier. I will not say that they are simple, but I am able to come through in terms where my faith had been strengthend and my relationship with God has increased. This is Pauls exaultation of perseverance through trial, to bring us endurance. Each builds on itself over each experience. This only happens with the knowledge and assurance of God having you right where He needs you to be so that you recognize that He will give you everything you need.






Ponder this. That your circumstance does not matter to God, only your trust. That whatever is happening to you, or around you, He is standing by your side able to bring you through whatever it may be. It is not a promise to remove you from that circumstance, only to equip you to move through it. That is freedom in Christ Jesus, that is the truth that will set you free from this world, God is sufficient. (period!) There is no other words past that. No stipulations of when or where, just sufficient. Know this in your heart and live free. He is Sufficient.



Lord Jesus, you came and died, brought victory over the fallen sinful nature of this world. The reason we suffer now you have defeated in that all who come to you, accept you as Lord and Savior may be set free from the pain of this world. That through you and acceptance in you we are brought back into relationship with God who is sufficient. Thak you Lord for this and thank you God for your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment