Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cried

I have not cried in a while but today I cried, and it felt so good. God is good, and in many ways He speaks to us and shows us His glory if we just look for it.


My camera card is getting full again. At this point I am pushing another 1500 pictures since my last R&R in February. As I wind down here I figured I am going to need space on the card for the ride home, Dubai and into Albany. Becasue of that I took this Sunday morning to scrub a few bad, blurry, or redundant shots from the card to free up space.


Feeling very good today, I sat at my desk and took my IPod out, placed the earphones in and turned it up as lod as I could stand. I actually just wanted to be in my own little worship world with my music as I went through the pictures. So I began, first pictures of my R&R, breakfast out at Cheesecake Factory, Anna resting her head onmy shoulder, Catherine. The kids throwing snowballs after the storm, the ice storm the day I was to leave. Anna stomping around down in the woods.


Then, Dubai, my return. Back into the desert, alone again for the final time. Leaving behind the things that I loved to go the place of my work. Kandahar, stick pit, ROSI tent with a hundred other people. Stripped again of the comforts of home and civilization. But then the faces again of those that I know, those that have become my family, friends, Brothers. This is when The music and the pictures come together, this is when emotion begins.


"All Creatures of Our God and King" oh praise Him. I looked at the photos one by one and realized that each one of them, each face that was there was the opportunities I have had to wittness Jesus Christ. That each person has looked at me and seen something, seen me as a man, maybe as a light, whatever, but I had captured this year, all that it has been in these photos. I don't know if I can describe the feeling well nogh here but I was overwhelmed with the true meaning of why I was here.


I cry again now as I write this. Then photos of those closest to me, the people that knew me most and I wondered of the seeds, the planting and sometimes the reeping but it was all there for me to review. Remembering names and times and conversations, had I said and did all that I could do? Was I faithful to bring them near or did I push them away, but all there.


I guess I did not think that I would capture in the photos all that it stirred inside of me when I looked at them. Today I was able to look at what the words "Go and make Disciples of the world" I don't know all who may be changed from me being here, from spending this year at this place but I will for ever see the potential that I had and that my faithfulness, when there, can now be used by God in all those that I have seen.


Lord, I pray for each face, each person, that may may in some way, through me, know you. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. If your blog had a "like" button (as on FB), would would click it today!.

    ReplyDelete