Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Just Normal.

Today I have sat and thought awahile on something to write. I meditated a bit and even prayed but I really have nothing pressingon my mind that just needs to come out in words. I figure this may be a blessing, kinda an indication of a center point in my soul. Nothing overly wrong and nothing overly right.

In general the last couple of weeks has been good. Having the correct outlook on my life and my walk is so very important. Since Catherine and I have purposed to complete this year and to Glorify God in what we are doing, my general condition has remained consistant and pleasant. I also believe just seeing the year as on its way to its conclusion has helped also in this. Spirtual I am consistant with prayer, Bible reading, fellowship and wittnessing. The balance is back more like it was before my last R&R and I certainllly feel the difference.

So this tells me that part of our, my responsibility as a Christian is to have consistant purposefully walk and life. That I have a part to play in what is going on in my life and how that facilitates a consistant walk. If I have a negative outlook on my situation, see nothing but the length of the road or the terrain that I have to travel then in the negative I will remain. Conversly if I keep a good attitude and realize the journey but enjoy the surroundings as I walk then the time is enjoyable.

Likewise if my conversations with God are complaints and negative regarding where I am at the I remain as a victim and don't acknowllege the journey God may have me on. I won't see the things of beuty that he wants me to see and all I do is drag everything down. I imagine I soundd like the child in the back seat of the car, about an hour into a three hour drive asking when we would be there.

So anyway, I feel just fine. The days are productive and I am not wining to God. I have enough spirtual defenses up to prtect myself from the evil one and I am just moving along. As I said to my father, I am on easy time now. Easy time.

Let me through the lesson out there then. Based on a little personal reflection. Don't be the complaining kid in the back seat. Enjoy the journey and look at what God places in front of you to look at. Take from it what you can, give what you can back to Him and move on. This is not to say that you can't sing a song sometimes or stop to use the rest room, if you get my drift, but realize that it is all part of the journey.

Lord, thanks for the car ride. Hope I haven't annoyed you to much in the past. I am looking forward to the rest of this and spending time with you until we reach our destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment