Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hebrews 11:6

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and the He rewards those who ernestly seeks Him". Hebrews 11:6

You can look at this verse in several ways. We can see it frm the standpoint of those that don't have faith in Him. You can look at it in that you can say that you believe in God but that you don't follow His word, the I'm a good person excuse. you can look at it from the point of view of those that do have faith in Him, His existance and that He rewards you if you ernestly seek Him. the last being the most appropriate for the verse, of course.

I like this because I have ben thinking about times when I sin and feel that I have really screwed up. That I then allow Satan to work around me and have me question my faith. You know the thought, I am not a good Christian because I faiiled or something must be wrong that I can't follow along without messing up. If you let it this can lead you to self condemnation.

But I do have Faith in Gods existance. I believe that He is in control of everything that happens and either causes or allows all. I believe the Bible as the inspired Word of God that is given as the progressive revelation of Him. I believe that Jesus Christ came as the Messiah, God with us, to be without sin and to die on the Cross for payment of all sin. I believe that my faith in Jesus Christ and this attoning death is what allows me to recieve Gods Grace and thus I am saved from my sin. I believe that God looks opon Jesus death as payment and does not thereofre look at my sin for my sin. I ernestly seek to follow Jesus Christ as my example of how I should live my life.

So in the times when I do mess up I can think of this verse and instead of thinking that I have failed know that I am ernestly seeking Him. That I can ask for forgivness and repent, setting it opon my heart to change and do things better the next time. Ernestly seking God involves a cotinuios process a condition of the heart that doesn't rest on where we are at now but where we will be later. That we Hope for the better things to come. You may say that this is a fault of the Christian that they believe they are better than everyone else, No I just believe that through God I can be better myself.

As I ernestly seek Him He will reward me. He will watch over me and work me into His plans. As my life changes and I walk more as Christ walks God will allow blessings in my life. He will bring me to places of revelations and times when I can overcome sin when normally I couldn't. Rewards of heaven, not of man. When I ernestly seek Him He sees my heart and knows that I am in pain when I fail Him. He knows these things because He is God.

So for the other two ways of looking at this verse. Saying you believe in Him and not doing what He asks you to do is not belief, not even close. If you believe than you will do. Being half way is not enough. If you believe but don't ernestly, with your heart, seek him then it won't be good enough. You are just walking around the outside and possibly just afraid to give up or admitt your failings, even to God.

You are basically going to have to make a descision at some point to either beive in God, have faith in His word and ernestly following Him as He wants yopu to or you can just descide not to. You know the outcome of either descsion the choice is yours, that is your free will at work. But you must not just sit on the fence it will not work. It is a yes or no question, maybes will not do. So evaluate your heart, check it against Gods Word and see if you are trying to have continious improvement in your life based on the standards taht God has set. If not, sorry, your eternal destination will be set until you do.

Lord, help us all check our hearts and ernestly look at where we are at. Your way is pure and righteous and you offer all who ernestly seek you heavenly rewards. Thank you for your word and faithfulness. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment