Saturday, December 4, 2010

God?

God?
Hey God, you there?
God?
If you are there I was wondering something. What is all of this for?
I know, you won't just tell me, will you?
Come on, just let me know, for sure. Let me know what you have me doing, why you have me doing this.
You know God, I pray that your will be done in my life. I also pray that you have me where you want me. Is this really it? Here, alone like this! You can see my faith is tested and I am ready for the bigger challenges, so why can't I just move on from here to my true calling, whatever that will be.
I pray also that you just give me a sign, anything. A little tidbit of something that will get me out of here, get me home.
You hear me, I know you do, so why wait? Just give a sign, a miracle, something?
Look at all the things I have done here, isn't it enough for you to see that I am faithful to your call?
How much more can I do?
You know the ache comes and goes. The thing in me that causes me to draw towards you more. That is from you right? It is the Spirit convicting me, I should listen to it. I don't like it but I know why it comes.
God? God, why don't you just spell it out for me. Give me a dream, a pivital moment that will seal my destiny forever in your kingdom. Something that tells me that you and I are on the same page.
I am learning your word, more and more everyday. I am seeking you with my heart and mind and soul, like you asked. I am trying to follow Jesus as He asked me to follow Him, but it hasn't gotten any easier. Was it supposed to?
Paul, yes Paul, did it ever get any easier for him, for any of them? Did they enjoy just peaceful bliss every day or did they walk in a constant state of flux like I am. Did they focus on change and feelings so much that it hurt?
What about doubt, when that sneaks in? Is that my weaknes? Have I done something wrong at that moment? How do you react to that?
When I fail, I know that it is my fault and that I must work back to you. I sometimes condem myself for these times, I justify my failure back to the fall. Is that right? Condemnation.
God, how do I know you care about me, imperfect, struggling me? How do I know that you even care? How do I know that in the end all of my efforts will mean something. Should they mean anything for me at all? Am I just sometimes being selfish, maybe always being selfish, thinking that this is all for me?
Your purpose is bigger than me, isn't it?
God? You there God?
God?

5 comments:

  1. Mike,
    Thank you for this Psalm.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. ---> EAT PRAY LOVE <---

    Newer Movie... Much About Balance

    I Often Find Myself Saying, "Are You So Sure?"
    to myself, others & when I Read/see some 'FACT'.
    "Stand As On Four Legs & Always Touching The Ground"

    Life, The Universe, The ALL, GIA,...
    Magical Mystical Heavenly Wondrous Mysterious,...
    Total Control to Complete Surrender..??
    How About Balanced Responsibility & Acceptance..??

    Many Many Things I've Seen, Known & Experienced, I
    Can Only Wonder as To Where or From Who THEY Come.

    Mind Body Soul... Balance Brother, Balance

    Most 'things' Just Happen,;-))j.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somewhere over the Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwoʻole

    (( this is Better Link than Above - not embedded ))

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JwzvRTaxhc

    Acceptance Abundance Balance Harmony & Knowing,;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff,

    I disagree that most things just happen. God either allows them or causes them, either way there is a reason why they occur.

    Also, there is no true harmony as there is constant battle between good and evil. Until this is finally rectified, Jesus' return, there is not harmony and balance.

    ReplyDelete