Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Second Attempt Today.

I am going to try this again. If you are seeing this post then you should know it is the second one today that I have written. If you would like you can read the one prior to this also. Jsut wasn't feeling it this morning. I was tried, I think from staying up a little late last night and also from waking several times to use the rest room. Whatever the reason this mornintg, after reading my Bible passages I fell back to sleep at my desk, head down on my Bible. My prayer time out by the tree was half hearted and very labored. I thought quietly for a while but I did verbalize my prayer or whorship like I normally do. I could feel that inside me I was worn down, and from this I just couldn't get stared right. I also felt the strain in my heart. For the first time in a while I was thinking of home and the things going on there. Thinking of the kids and Catherine thinking that it would be so great to be with them. Also how I should be there to help out with some of the things Catherine is taking care of there. When I finally sat to write the Blog "Cricket" I really had in mind to capture the moment for you all. To describe the events in a way that brought you here. I wanted you to experience a peice of another culture that you would not normally see. I feel now that I fell short of that. The words just didn't flow like the are now, my heart wasn't right and therefore the mind lagged also. As I have said in the past, I love when my words are just there, when the story just comes out. When I read a verse and write without thought,. I tell you the previous blog was not that. I took a ride with a new guy here later in the morning, Steve. I had promised that I would show him the base a bit and for a week now I have not been able to do it. I enjoy being a tour guide and thought it would be good to do something for someone else to help clear my own thought. Into the Gator we drove and I took him around to the old side of the base. Passed the yound shepard boys one of which, the youngest, decided to throw rocks at us when we did not have anything to give him. It is actually kinda cute in a way bu at the same time sad. Anyway, around we went me pointing out the things of the base, where stuff was and where it is now. It was enjoyable to get out. At lunch I sat and read my book and got a little sun, you can't help the sun part. As a side it is topping out near 80 degrees during the day now here, not a cloud in the sky. The book I am reading is "John's Story, The Last Eyewittness" about the Apostle John and his writing of his gospel. It is not heavy in any means but it is a nice mix between the Gospel as we know it and fictional story of what we don't. It has kept my interest and I usually read a chapter or two and the smoke my pipe and think about what I have read. This today seemed to be theraputic enough to spur me to come back in and write again. Not about anything in paticular, but to write. I feel right at this point as if this has made up for my lack of interest in the morning. That I will have accomplished something that will be good for you to read and bring you once again into my life here, my thought and me. I believe that my walk has so much to do with the others around me, even you that are not around me. That I have a purpose to, in some way bring you something that you may think about or find useful for your day. If I can't bring you that the I feel as if the day was wasted. Looking at this day it is representative of our Christian walk. Some days we just are with it, we struggle and poke along knowing what we should be doing or feeling but just not able to get there. When we begin to maove in the right direction then we can change this circumstnace. When we begin to act for others then we definately can change the circumstance. See I don't believe you can do anything in a positive way for other people and not have a positive outcome. It may not be an explosive flip from night to day, but you can't help but feel better. This second writing has done that, caused at least a little switch to go off. I will leave you with this. Have a nice day and do something nice for someone around you. Do something nice for alot of people around you. In a small way show Jesus Christ to somone at the very least you will feel good, at the best they will also. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment