Tuesday, March 15, 2011

1 Corinthians 9:22b

"I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some"
1 Corinthians 9:22b

What is my purpose in life? What has God called me to do? Where is my gifting so that I may be truly in the will of God as I glorify Him? Oh Lord, lead me where you want me to be? These questions we agonize over in our walk. Wondering where and how, when the Lord will give us the answers so that we may move forward in comfort that He is with us and that things may work out as we fullfill the Great Commision.

We must realize that He has given us all that we need to be successful. He has created us in His image, each unique, but He knows us, every hair on our head. WIth that He has fit us into the plan, we only need to trust and walk in faith to this. But what is it? If I haven't heard directly from him, then how do I know? Paul, to me, pin points what we should do and it isn't just a single minded vision set on one gifting, it is accepting the Lord and Spirit with us and glorifying God in what ever you are doing.

For me here, I am many things depending on perspective of the one looking. I will use this specific place and circumstance to illustrate my point. I am a Manager to many employees. I must manage them with all duty of care that God want me to as they are human beings and under my charge. To them I must be a leader, respectful and fair. The opportunity that I have is that I can also be a Christian and then through my actions and words glorify God and wittness the life of Christ within me to these employees.

To my co workers, fellow Managers and Supervisors I must uphold the standards the compan has set, policies and procedures, work within the team and to the betterment of the FOB. I must be patient and listen, not quick to speak or overreact to stress or issues. As I do this, I must glorify God and wittness the Life of Christ within me to my peers.

To my family, I am husband and father. I have a responsibility to raise my children in a good manner, to provide for them, be fair and respectful. To God I must be the Spiritual head of my household and show to them Christ working within me. I must be Godly and forgiving, full of grace and mercy. In all instances and interactions I must represent Christ within me, to them so that they can know Him through me. I must glorify God and wittness the life of Christ within me to them.

To my Brothers and Sisters, my extended family, parents, brothers, my Church family and to those that may be reading this blog I must try to maintain a position that is edifing to them, pointing them to our Lord and God the Father. Showing them an example through trials and joys, in all things how the Lord works in my life. I must glorify God and wittness the life of Christ within me to them.

We know this message as we say so often that our actions must be our first wittness but I think we seperate this from a calling form God. We think that we are to live our lives until revelation comes to us and God raises us up to something very special to do His work. He has, we are special and we are doing His work in everything that we do. We are called to glorify God, to loove Him and to be a wittness to the Lord Jesus Christ to those around us. So as a Manager I am called to be a Godly manager. As a father, a Godly father. If I am asked to speak, then in those moments I am asked to be a preacher. To sit with a friend in need, a discipler. A missionary in Afghanistan when I am faced with a non believer.

Paul states, "I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I may save some." You can do this also. You do do this already in your life however you may not have seen the opportunity to serve the Lord. You are perfectly equiped, perfectly placed, perfectly knowledgable to be what ever you are at the moment to be used by God to glorify His name, to in souls for Him. Trust Him and He will work all things to the good.

Lord, give all who read this strength to know that they are always with you, always perfectly placed in the place where you need them to be at that moment. Let them know that you will see them through and that you will be Glorified through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment